_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
check this out large scale fans
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 07:33 AM UTC
I clicked onto the pop-up ad for hobbybuy (that green and yellow one). Kicked into ships and the first thing I see is a pre-sale deal on the upcoming Fujimi Kongo. They are offering it for $139 and it includes 350 scale little people (not brass) and metal gun tubes. Shipping for me was around $9. Checked Great Models and their pre-order price was around $180. Looking at the preliminary photos of the kit this one looks equal to that magnificent Nagato . Expected out in April sometime so pony up now, before the price jumps to the high rise price.

Man, this is going to be a tough year.....Trumpeter is going to drop the Reichlieu on us , and of course there is the astonomically priced Hasegawa Akagi.

Hey, if either of those 2 come to us to be reviewed I call DIBBS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 09:44 AM UTC
Yes, it looks like a tough year on my wallet is at hand. I thougth it was bad getting armor kits for $35.00. Now these ships run that and more. Oh well, thats the price you have to pay for getting the good stuff.

Both the Reichlieu and Akagi are going to be very nice ones to have. You might have to fight Gunny for a review sample if we get our hands on those.

_GOTOTOP