_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
Schlitten II.
gaborka
Visit this Community
Borsod-Abauj-Zemblen, Hungary
KitMaker: 626 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 10:50 PM UTC
Hello all,

I hope you have more information than me. I am building a Schlitten II. (a German experimental two-crew small torpedo boat with two huge torpedos and a BMW aircraft engine) in 1.72. The kit is a short run resin one from Schatton Modellbau in Germany. I have only found one rather bad picture on this vehicle in the Internet so I hope anybody of you has more. Specifically I am interested in the details of the engine housing (which is a flat square boxy shape on the model).

Thank you!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 11:28 PM UTC
Ahoy, Gabor,
Welcome to Modelshipwrights mate!

You have a good one there, my friend...personally, I have nothing on the Schitten, but I do know of some gent's that may be able to help...stay tuned!

Cheers,
~Gunny
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 01:19 AM UTC
I did some digging and found this link. I do remember seeing some pictures of that boat, but cannot remember where.

http://www.subpirates.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4241

gaborka
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 02:10 AM UTC
Thank you. I have seen the plan at subpirates myself, but unfortunately it does not tell much about the details of the engine housing (well apart from recognizing the motor cover being too tall and not round-edged). Maybe I will open it to build in a FW-190 engine... (kidding:))

Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 09:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank you. I have seen the plan at subpirates myself, but unfortunately it does not tell much about the details of the engine housing (well apart from recognizing the motor cover being too tall and not round-edged). Maybe I will open it to build in a FW-190 engine... (kidding:))

Check your pm's, mate....
gaborka
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 09:33 PM UTC
Thank you, Gunny, I have just pm-ed my address to you.
I promise I will put some pictures into circulation when I have finished the boat.

Concerning the kit, it is a bit puzzling, there is a mediocre resin cast and absolutely top-notch photoetched frets and laser-etched and precision-CNC-ed metal parts... so to say at least it is labour-intensive.

Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 10:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank you, Gunny, I have just pm-ed my address to you.
I promise I will put some pictures into circulation when I have finished the boat.

Concerning the kit, it is a bit puzzling, there is a mediocre resin cast and absolutely top-notch photoetched frets and laser-etched and precision-CNC-ed metal parts... so to say at least it is labour-intensive.

E-mail sent, Gabor...hopefully I will be able to provide you with additional materials as well...you can start a "BLOG" (build log) thread here at MSW if you wish, and document the build with text and images if you wish to...BLOG threads are a big help to all modelers by showing your trials and tribulations of the kit along the way, so if you're up for it, it's your call, mate!

Schatton Modellbau kits are definitely quite unique in subject matter, always leaning to the more interesting and obscure subjects, and I agree, can be a bit puzzling at times, but when complete, you will have a very interesting build to display...looking forward to it!

Cheers,
~Gunny
 _GOTOTOP