_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
S100 Build
doalittle
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 15 posts
Model Shipwrights: 12 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 06:35 AM UTC
Hi all out there I have just started the build of my S100 1.35 scale and whilst not exactly new to the game having built a Schnellboot Wiesel as it should have been. Photos are plenty for those you would likr them I will just put a few here.

I have just joined this forum today so bear with me while I learn exactly how things work around here eg asking for help and sharing my experiences with all.

So onto what I have done so far on the S100, Well the hull is together and today I have managed to get the propshafts into the boat but not fixed in yet.

First Q. The supports for the prop shafts in the kit are not in my opinion strong enough for my shafts 4mm shaft and 6mm tube with 40mm prop. Anyone any suggestions to overcome this problem please.
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Model Shipwrights: 934 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 12:51 AM UTC
Welcome to MSW Mike, looking forward to seeing your S100 build. Feel free to ask questions, there's plenty of friendly folk to help out.

Frank
doalittle
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 15 posts
Model Shipwrights: 12 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 05:08 AM UTC
Hi Frank

Many thanks for the reply,as I said in my origional message the shaft supports in the kit were in my opinion not strong enough, well I have managed to make my own out of brass and today I have fibreglassed the engine brackets and shaft tubes in place, they look fine to me.

I do not know if I said that this is only my 2nd kit ever, my previous kit just finished is the Graupner Wiesel. However much scratch building required as the kit in the box was not correct to the real boats. I will try and uplft some photos for you.

My next question is about the three rudders, the two on the outside eg. Port and starboard seem to be smaller for some reason and appear to be something to do with the Lussern effect eg 30 degrees to counteract the props. ANY suggestions.

I have looked at your photos and what a workshop you have and lots of great models built todate. I have included my email address for you should you wish to communicate outside of the forum if that is alloud then I can tell all about myself and send more photos for you.

Kind regards

Mike Maloney
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Model Shipwrights: 934 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 10:58 AM UTC
Thanks for the kind words Mike. There's a current build blog with plenty of dialogue on the S100, here's the thread...

https://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/forums/130092&page=1

Frank
herrmill
Visit this Community
Zhejiang, China / 简体
KitMaker: 67 posts
Model Shipwrights: 58 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 11:09 AM UTC
Yes, the ongoing thread makes for good reading & is a reference I've bookmarked. In the thread there is a link to a Dutch forum where you'll find photos of the rudder setup to achieve the Luerssen effect from several who are converting this kit to RC.

Regarding shafts, I plan to use 2mm shafts same as what I'm now doing with the Elco PT596 kit.
 _GOTOTOP