_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
S100 Nearly Finished
doalittle
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 15 posts
Model Shipwrights: 12 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 02:44 AM UTC
I thought that since I had not posted too many updates of my S100 build I had better do something about it, so here are some photos to have a look at and feel free to post your comments as these will only help me to improve.

Mike

As I keep being asked for close up photos I have added three more today and will add some more later. I am not the worlds best picture taked but I have done my best, so have a look and feel free to comment.

Note. This is not the ststic model out of the box, I have converted this S100 to a R/C version with three electric speed 500 motors and as can be seen from the photos other modifications mainly using brass tube and rod has been done, even the port and starboard lights now work.

The mines have been scratch built even though now you can buy them from the aftermarket suppliers but I will live with my design.
Mike
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
Model Shipwrights: 89 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 05:51 AM UTC
I cant see any photos
doalittle
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 08:03 AM UTC
Hi
I am not too sure but it works for me, try clicking on the icon labeled PHOTOS

Mike
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 11:11 AM UTC
Nice work Mike.

Love to see some close ups when you get a chance.

You can also post images in your actual posting as well. Using the [img] outline in blue.

Certainly as your personal album grows using the "PHOTO" button will be less useful.

Cheers

Sean
awiskerke
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 336 posts
Model Shipwrights: 333 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 04:55 AM UTC
Well-done Mike,
Some close-ups would indeed be nice.

Arjan
doalittle
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 11:35 AM UTC
Hi Sean

Have added 3 more close up photos for you feel to comment
mike
doalittle
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 11:36 AM UTC
Hi
Thanks for the comments, have added 3 close up photos for you will add more over the next few days. Please feel free to commeny

Regards

Mike
herrmill
Visit this Community
Zhejiang, China / 简体
KitMaker: 67 posts
Model Shipwrights: 58 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 12:33 PM UTC
Nice work. From first glance I thought you used the new Lion Roar photo etch on your build.
TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 875 posts
Model Shipwrights: 872 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 04:36 AM UTC
Mike,

That is a very good job sir. You should be proud of it.

Garth

Quoted Text

I thought that since I had not posted too many updates of my S100 build I had better do something about it, so here are some photos to have a look at and feel free to post your comments as these will only help me to improve.

Mike

As I keep being asked for close up photos I have added three more today and will add some more later. I am not the worlds best picture taked but I have done my best, so have a look and feel free to comment.

Note. This is not the ststic model out of the box, I have converted this S100 to a R/C version with three electric speed 500 motors and as can be seen from the photos other modifications mainly using brass tube and rod has been done, even the port and starboard lights now work.

The mines have been scratch built even though now you can buy them from the aftermarket suppliers but I will live with my design.
Mike

doalittle
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 - 02:26 AM UTC
ManyThanks Garth

A message from your goodself is indeed much welcome to a new model builder of just over two years. Your book Schnellboote In Action makes very goor reading and much use has been made of it during the build of my S100. At present I am building my firsy Diorama of a dockside to compliement the S100, everything is scratch built ad I hope to post the pictures soon.

So once again Many Thanks

Mike M
TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 875 posts
Model Shipwrights: 872 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 02:52 AM UTC
Well, thank you sir.

Your kind words makes what I TRY to do all worth while.

Could you maybe help me in finding out about the Schnellboote that were operated by the Spanish Navy during the war years and post-war years? Thank you.

Garth

Quoted Text

ManyThanks Garth

A message from your goodself is indeed much welcome to a new model builder of just over two years. Your book Schnellboote In Action makes very goor reading and much use has been made of it during the build of my S100. At present I am building my firsy Diorama of a dockside to compliement the S100, everything is scratch built ad I hope to post the pictures soon.

So once again Many Thanks

Mike M

_GOTOTOP