Topics on painting and paint schemes are grouped here
1-72 whaleback help
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 05:01 AM UTC
Hello there, I have to be quick as my computer is sick and will shut down in approx 8 minutes, so if anyone is wondering why I've edited this so many times, that's the reason why.
Okay here we go, could someone please tell me a little about the 1-72 whaleback upgrades ?
1-72 whaleback diorama 001
The above is my little diorama I built some time ago, I thought this was such a good kit, that I'd like to build the boat itself again, but information on upgrades and different camo and general what colour these were suppose to be are very far and inbetween.
I have seen a yellow colour whaleback boat, a redish and mostly green/grey the most common, I thought while I'm thinking to building just the model, what sort of things I could actually do to make this stand out more, I Jean-Bart (sorry if I've got that wrong) was building the glass domes of this model, things like that I can't do, just basic stuff.
1-72 whaleback diorama 011
At the moment, I can't download photo's onto my computer, or get photo's off my computer, the only thing its allowing me to do, is whatever there is already on the system. Yep its driving me off my head as it honestly should go back to factory settings, I don't know how to do that, only wish I did.
As for the 1-72 whaleback, I would like to know, if there is any upgrades, ie weapons, props and so on, also any other completed models of this subject. Thank you and looking forward to your reply.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 01:47 AM UTC
Hi Al,
Still having computer problems eh? I understand your pain, mate, especially in this world of computer technology that we all depend upon so much...

Upgrades for the RAF whaleback?...well, I'm not aware of any dedicated sets, my friend, Great Little Ships has had a set listed as a future release for some time, but currently not available...an e-mail to DJ Parkins of the same site might help you out some...

Cheers,
~Gunny
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 05:48 AM UTC
Hello there Gunny, thank you for the link, although not a lot of upgrade which was very much as I thought, there was however a couple of good diorama ideas.
Fingers and everything else crossed I should be getting my computer up and running in a day or two.
 _GOTOTOP