How to paint lines on carrier flight deck
musicwerks
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 375 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 - 05:51 AM UTC
Hi,

I am a tank builder, I am making 1/700 Akagi to re live my childhood memories, but of course, I want to make it a better model this time.

Pls bear with me, how do I paint or AB the white stripes on carrier decks? I have seen friends doing cutting and slicing tapes and masking the decks pain-stakingly. Is there is an easier method?

Cheers
kiongs, the tiger tank guy
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 04:59 AM UTC
Not quite 100% sure where you're going with masking tape, while at times using Tamiya 3mm/6mm masking tape can save a lot of time, perhaps if you look for carrier IJN decals for your decking. Not being very good with painting and general building, I constructed the 1-350 Yorktown, masked and painted and made a right old mess of it, then someone said, why didn't you paint the deck and then use decals ?
musicwerks
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 375 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 02:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not quite 100% sure where you're going with masking tape, while at times using Tamiya 3mm/6mm masking tape can save a lot of time, perhaps if you look for carrier IJN decals for your decking. Not being very good with painting and general building, I constructed the 1-350 Yorktown, masked and painted and made a right old mess of it, then someone said, why didn't you paint the deck and then use decals ?

HI Alec,

Thanks for the suggestion, yeah agree...masking with tamiya tapepainful process and i made a mess too, had to re-do several times and yet ending with not so good effects. Will start looking for decals, I do not wish to end my "career" as an aircraft carrier builder so soon..haha

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP