_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
Announcement
TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 875 posts
Model Shipwrights: 872 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 03:25 AM UTC
Hello All,

How've all of you been?

I would like to take this opportunity to make a general anouncement that may be of interest to you now that Italeri has announced that they're releasing a 1:35 kit of a 500 Series MAS boat.

I've sent a manuscript (including photos) to my publisher (Nimble Books, LLC) which he received on 11/9/2010 and it was placed in their production que for 2010.

There is also a notice on their website that indicates that all of the books one sees on the production que list (showing November and December) should be out in print by the end of December 2010.

I was able to accomplish the feat of writing this book because of the assistance of Admiral Maurizio Ertreo, who, up until August 2010 was the Naval Attache in DC and now heads up their Naval Archives in Italy, their Naval Archives and an author named Vincent P. O' Hara (who wrote several articles on MAS boats with Erminio Bagnasco) and several other people.

It was a huge and daunting undertaking for me and it would not have come to fruition without their efforts. And, quite frankly - if it wasn't for my becoming acquainted with Admiral Ertreo, the book was doomed to die a long time ago.

Whereas it is definitely NOT the definitive book on MAS boats, it is - I feel - a good book and quite frankly, my best effort to date and I hope all of you will find it helpful and informative.

Garth
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Model Shipwrights: 258 posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 - 04:46 AM UTC
Congratulations Garth,good to hear from you.
TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 875 posts
Model Shipwrights: 872 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 06:29 AM UTC
I've just been notified by my publisher that; my book on the MAS boats will be out in print on April 1, 2011 and it it will be in hard cover.

Garth
 _GOTOTOP