_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
The battle with Italeri
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Model Shipwrights: 204 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 01:42 AM UTC
Well it was a 6 month battle with Italeri, but finally after a blistering e-mail to them (polite but full of piss and viniger) some one got there stuff together and my short shot and broken parts are finally being sent to me.So now my Vosper can get going. Only problem is that the P.T. boat Acc. set (bought 2 of them) part E-30, the I.F.F. antena was smashed flat on both, but Italeri does not seem to have the spare parts for it yet. That's o.k. for now as I wont need it till I'm twords the end of the build. So for the moment, I'm pleased and the build will continue after the !st of the year. Now we wait and see about the antena's.
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,244 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 02:55 AM UTC
Now you can place an order for the Griffon PE set for the Vosper! Al
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 03:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well it was a 6 month battle with Italeri, but finally after a blistering e-mail to them (polite but full of piss and viniger) some one got there stuff together and my short shot and broken parts are finally being sent to me.So now my Vosper can get going. Only problem is that the P.T. boat Acc. set (bought 2 of them) part E-30, the I.F.F. antena was smashed flat on both, but Italeri does not seem to have the spare parts for it yet. That's o.k. for now as I wont need it till I'm twords the end of the build. So for the moment, I'm pleased and the build will continue after the !st of the year. Now we wait and see about the antena's.

A squashed IFF seems to be standard for that set, welcome to the club Bob
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 - 12:48 AM UTC
Al, no P/E yet. Got to P/U my SAS N.E. jeep for my twin Vicks first. Will have to budget it in though. Can't carry enough guns or bullets you know.
Hey Julian, your right. Bought two sets of them for the Vosper and Elco. Want to do an early Vosper that made it twords the end of the war with the radar and other mod's. So the I.F.F. antenas are crap as they come. M.R.C. hasn't gotten the parts yet. Tried to straighten it out and glued it back together but the tiny plastic (Y) tabs melted, should of used crazy glue. Anyway, the build is on and will use the Channel Adversaries blog to hopefully do a decint job.
Kornbeef
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Model Shipwrights: 39 posts
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 - 11:18 AM UTC
Anyone seen these as an option for weapons

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MB35109

Just thought it might help.

Keith
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 04:58 AM UTC
I might assume that there was a small arms locker on the Vosper? And if visable inside. Anyone---
 _GOTOTOP