_GOTOBOTTOM
Research & Resources
Discuss on research, history, and issues dealing with reference materials.
Please help me find a book from my youth
JonathanN88
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 03:27 AM UTC
Im not a modeller but I figured you gents would know your reference materials and hope you could help me out here. I really appreciate it!

Im trying to rediscover a book from my youth, I got it from the library when I was in grade school so were talking '98 - '99 maybe Middle School so potentially early 2000's. Not sure when it was actually published.

Here is what I remember for sure:
Large hard cover book on international naval forces. I mean large, both in height and pages.

White cover, was adorned with various paintings/drawings of side views on the front.

Inside the book, it was just about pure top down, and side view art of tons and tons of ships. Few if any line drawings or photographs, most were paintings, in fact if I had to bet I would say there were nothing but the top down/side view art, no pictures. It was a vast treasure trove of side/top down art.

Here is what I am iffy on:

Time period, I think it dealt with WWI to then present day ships. Although it may have been just Cold War - Modern?

Pretty sure it wasnt a Janes publication.

Pretty sure subs were included.

The title, cant for the life of me remember it, nor can I find anything remotely similar to it in my Google searches (Obviously else I wouldnt be asking).

Anyone know what Im talking about? Here is to hoping that someone is familiar or has it in their own library and can help me out as I would like to add it to my own. TIA!
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,244 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 07:29 AM UTC
Can't help, but you might try asking on the SteelNavy.com message board as well. Lots of very knowledgeable, and helpful, people over there. Al
JonathanN88
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 08:51 AM UTC
Thanks a ton Al, will do so!
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 2,485 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,157 posts