_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
My books from Chris Daley Publishing
TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 875 posts
Model Shipwrights: 872 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2014 - 12:12 PM UTC
Hello All,

As you are aware, Chris Daley Publishing, which published my books on the Revell PT boat kits and the Italeri PT-596 kit, has recently gone out of business, sadly.

However, the owner of that company was kind enough to revert the rights to those books back to me so that I could have them reprinted once his company was no more. He was also kind enough to send me CDs with the books' files and images and he, again, showed how good of a man he is, by uploading those files to my CreateSpace account where I've just completed the set-up process and submitted them for review.

They will be out in print again, this time under my 'battle ensign', in a few weeks and will be, again, available for you modelers, on sale on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and now, through CreateSpace's online store.

Garth
TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2014 - 11:09 AM UTC
Just as a FYI:

The books have been formatted and the processing have been completed and the books are now available for sale.

Quoted Text

Hello All,

As you are aware, Chris Daley Publishing, which published my books on the Revell PT boat kits and the Italeri PT-596 kit, has recently gone out of business, sadly.

However, the owner of that company was kind enough to revert the rights to those books back to me so that I could have them reprinted once his company was no more. He was also kind enough to send me CDs with the books' files and images and he, again, showed how good of a man he is, by uploading those files to my CreateSpace account where I've just completed the set-up process and submitted them for review.

They will be out in print again, this time under my 'battle ensign', in a few weeks and will be, again, available for you modelers, on sale on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and now, through CreateSpace's online store.

Garth

TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 07:36 AM UTC
Hi All ...

My former publisher; CHRIS DALEY PUBLISHING was kind enough to revert the rights to the two books he published, my ITALERI PT and my REVELL PT kits books back to me when he went out-of-business. He was also kind enough to upload them to my CREATESPACE account.

I just got my copies from CREATESPACE today ... I am impressed with the outcome; the photos are of better quality.

Garth
TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 03:46 AM UTC
Hi All,

I don't know if this is permissible here; but I just want to alert of you to something. CHRIS DALEY PUBLISHING has reverted the rights to my Revell PT Boat Kits In Plastic, A Review and my Building, Detailing, and Converting the 1: 35 Scale Italeri PT-596 books to me.

As of late June/early July - I have self-published them via CREATESPACE (with the assistance of Mr. Daley himself) and I've subsequently learned that they are currently available on CREATESPACE's own site and they are also only on the US based sites of Amazon and Barnes & Noble, so they are still available for you guys.

Additionally, although it's fiction - it is WW2 navy related ...

I've written and self-published a novel, A LIFE REVISITED ... This story follows a young naval officer from his time in a New England prep school, the Naval Academy through to the Second World War and his two love affairs. It describes his time on PT boats and his love of these speedy little fighting boats which were often called 'fifty-tons of fightin' fury' After his death, his only son is inventorying his estate and comes across his unfinished memoir and read some of it and was amazed at what he read in it.

I HOPE that you guys will buy any of its versions; the hardcover, the paperback or the eBook. It was a labor of love for me that I started in 1981, the subplot of the novel is very close to my heart ...

Thank you,

Garth
 _GOTOTOP