_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
Coastal Craft models in 1/72nd scale
RogerEP
KitMaker: 30 posts
Model Shipwrights: 27 posts
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2014 - 09:58 AM UTC
Hello everyone on behalf of Coastal Craft models,

I thought now is the right time to introduce you to the excellent range of 1/72nd scale models under the ‘Coastal Craft’ label. These kits are produced in the UK since 2013 and are available direct.

I have two (as yet unbuilt) kits, the Vosper ‘234’ boat and MGB 77 and I think they look very good indeed. Some might think they are expensive perhaps at around GBP95-100 (the Fairmile D GBP175), but I consider they are worth every penny. The kits have plenty of detail parts, both resin and brass etch. I suppose you could superdetail them if you wish, but isn’t that the same with any model kit you buy?

Available now.

MTB 234: with 20mm Oerlikon on foredeck.

MTB 81: with Breda 20mm on foredeck.

MGB 77/81: British Power Boat Co. 71’6” boat with a 2pdr Mk IIC.

MTB 466: as above but MTB version with a 6pdr foredeck.

MGB 673: A Fairmile D class MGB.

MGB 107/115: Same as MGB 77/81 but with a 2pdr Mk VII on Mk XVI mount.

MTB 476: Same as MGB 77/81 but with 6pdr on foredeck.

Instructions for the above kits are available to download from their website --- coastalcraftmodelsuk.com
The website also has details about the various extra items, guns etc which are available and the guns are mini kits in their own right.
Coastal Craft also stock the excellent figures produced by ‘Gunthwaite Miniatures’ in various forms of dress including oilskins, duffle coats and tropical dress.

There are other figures available from Milicast with three of their range suitable for MGB’s and MTB’s.

Future releases.

55’ CMB: a WW1 torpedo boat.

LRRC 007: The rescue version of the Fairmile D.

MTB : The torpedo version of the Fairmile D.

MGB 64: British Power Boat Co, early war 70’ boat.

Cheers,
Roger in Oz.
Allied Coastal Forces nut.
 _GOTOTOP