_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
Scratchbuilding 1/35 Scale LCVP
white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Model Shipwrights: 21 posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 01:14 AM UTC
Since there aren't many LCVP kits out there, I decided to build my own out of...wood, just like the real deal Any suggetions about where to find fittings for a 1/35 scale landing craft?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 01:22 AM UTC
I know there is a 1/32 scale version of the LCPV. I dunno if it is quite accurate. I suggest buying it then making that 1/32 as a reference for the 1/35 version. Goodluck! Want to see some progress pics!
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 04:38 AM UTC
1/32 scale LCVP Shonen mentioned is an old Lindbergh kit. I saw one on ebay the other day, I don't think the auction has closed yet if you want to look for it. Since you're in the US you might look for it in local hobby shops, I think I've seen it at Hobby Lobby once a while back. I don't know how accurate the kit is, the box art makes it look like something kids would play with plastic "green army men" with.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 07:36 AM UTC
That Lindberg kit won't help much with fittings -- I have it and they are pretty awful.

It seems to me that I once saw a catalog for wooden ship parts that had lots of goodies like cleats and ventilators. Model Shipways, maybe?

You'll probably end up scratching most of this project.
 _GOTOTOP