_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
New Italeri LCVP Kit with boat load.
johncpo
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 81 posts
Model Shipwrights: 9 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 04:25 AM UTC
I recently saw the LCVP release from Itlaeri with the troops included in the new kit and wanted to know who made the troop figures as Itlaeri never really made decent figures. I have used DML in the past and even Tamiya with great results in all of my dioramas. I've been building kits since the mid 60s and have a huge selection on my FB pages and want to add this newer kit to a diorama featuring the Italeri DUKW with DML 29th ID figures. Thanks for any tips.
JimF51
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 35 posts
Model Shipwrights: 12 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 - 04:34 PM UTC
John, it seems the figures are Italeri's, all new molds. Here's a quick review:

http://www.militarymodelling.com/news/article/lcvp-and-us-infantry-in-1-35/21437

Hope this helps.

Jim Flynn
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Model Shipwrights: 204 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 03:17 AM UTC
Hey John. The figures are a giant leap forward for Italerie but there is still a problem with them. Being in a small boat on the ocean does not allow for a person to stand upright as these figures are depicted. They would have bowed knees and backs to a point to absoreb the shock of the rise and dip of the craft esspecially with all the gear on them going through the water. I P/U the kit but will be doing a dio with the troops still standing on the deck of the transport waiting to go over the side and down the cargo nets. If you are not to fussy about how they look, and with the amount of figures you get, you may be able to hide this problem.
 _GOTOTOP