_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
1:72 SO Radar
TGarthConnelly
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 875 posts
Model Shipwrights: 872 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 04:07 AM UTC
Hi All,

I was just on Shapeways ordering something I need for Stan to do a project for me and I noticed that they have this

https://www.shapeways.com/product/LRBMLWUCY/1-72-radar-mast-for-pt-boat?li=search-results-1&optionId=57951715&rc=SearchResults

Seems that the old Revell PT-109/117 kits have one more thing to help them be great models. I guess you could use them on the Revell Vosper too.

Tim
xrz100
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 193 posts
Model Shipwrights: 186 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 01:59 AM UTC
Hello Tim,

well, scaling enables you to redo the same model in different scales. If you take a lokk at my little German Kriegsmarine Shop http://www.shapeways.com/shops/iron-models, you will find different models I different scale. Sometimes you have to verify when going smaller that you stil reach the minimum wall or wire thickness, or that movable parts are still 0,05 mm apart to keep them movable, but in principle, have you done one scale you have most other scales.

The larger the parts become, the more details you can add, eg. a 1:72 rivet becomes in 1:35 a nut and in 1:15 a nut with a washer.

Bis denne

Christian
Capistrano
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 21 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 02:45 AM UTC
When I saw Garth's post regarding these parts, I fired off an order. They came the other day and look quite decent.
bubbletop409
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 11 posts
Model Shipwrights: 10 posts
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2015 - 02:07 AM UTC
I've used several of shapeways weapons on my 1/20th Higgins Hellcat. Excellent quality and detail, and if you do a search, you will find several designers now have a variety of fittings, weapons, and even crew personal for PT's in several scale sizes.
 _GOTOTOP