_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
Italeri to release LCM-3!
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Model Shipwrights: 85 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 05:57 PM UTC
Wow,

Well, hot off the presses of the VLS catalogue supplement, it appears as if Italeri is going to be releasing a 1/35th scale LCM-3 some time in 2004! Sure Italeri simplifies things and does some really boneheaded engineering with their kits, but hey, like the DUKW and their LVT series, no one else has released one in plastic, so I for one will I welcome this kit with open arms!! And I bet it will be a heck of lot cheaper than the Verlinden resin version, retailing at $124.00 (okay, the price difference MAY be eaten up by aftermarket kits, but hey, why not?!) Good stuff , I say!!

Aloha,

Johnny B.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Model Shipwrights: 171 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 07:46 PM UTC
I couldn't agree more....It IS superb news, let's just hope that it's going to be basically correct without too much correction needed....Fingers Crossed Lads!...Jim
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 08:18 PM UTC
That'll be a good news! Wish they release it good enough.
BlueBear
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 414 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 08:32 PM UTC
Where are we going to put the things, in our bathtubs next to our 1/72 type VII U-boat and Flower class corvette?? #:-)
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 01:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Where are we going to put the things, in our bathtubs next to our 1/72 type VII U-boat and Flower class corvette??

Nah, we'll store it in the hanger deck of the carrier we all chip in to buy. Just think of all the money we'll save living on board her after the wifes all kick us out of the house. :-)
Havoc
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 10:06 AM UTC
Yep, space will sure be at a premium when that baby shows up (particularly when I get my 35th scale Nimix Monitor built up!) Though I plan to get one to build up as a WWII LCM, I might also consider doing it up as a Vietnam craft...

And yeah, I hope that it is a reasonably accurate model, too! Hats off ta Italeri --- keep those cool kits coming out, no matter what!! This will be a BIG release, in my opinion, along the lines of the Dragon Wagon and Famo Halftrack and trailer!! And since it will most likely be injection molded, it should be affordable!!

Aloha,

Johnny B
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Posted: Friday, February 06, 2004 - 05:57 PM UTC
Let us not forget the Accurate Armor 1/35th LST .... 2nd mortgage anyone?
Havoc
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2004 - 09:57 AM UTC
Woof! Too rich for my blood! Though I do hope that AA will one day create a 35th scale Vietnam PACV hovercraft!

Oh, well! I can dream, can't I?!!!

Aloha,

JB
bigmitch
Visit this Community
Limburg, Belgium
KitMaker: 8 posts
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2004 - 02:57 AM UTC
hello can anyone tel me how big the lcm 1/35 is because i am going to buld a diorama of ohama beach

thanks guys

TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2004 - 03:15 AM UTC

[quote"....]Where are we going to put the things, in our bathtubs next to our 1/72 type VII U-boat and Flower class corvette?? #:-)....." [/quote]

Hey bluebear, you playin' in the tub again! #:-) #:-) #:-) Just remember bluebear, "the water belongs IN the tub, not on the floor!" S no heavy barrage's!

Tread.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Model Shipwrights: 453 posts
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2004 - 03:20 AM UTC
to Havoc: How is that Nimix Monitor? I almost picked one up at my LHS when it was strangley on clearance. Decided to think about it for a day........wrong move.
Anyway, was wanting to build a BWN / Seawolves dio, but I guess that's going to have to wait. When you start building that thing, please keep us informed.

to PorkChop: I already plan on picking up that LST sometime this Spring (got a few things to take care of first). So, I'll let you know whenI pick it up.

Tread.
Havoc
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 09:45 AM UTC
Heya, Tread,

How's it going? Believe me, I hear you --- I, too, have gotten boned by waiting, by tellining myself I might get a better deal, it's too much money, I shouldn't be an impulse shopper, etc.

It's a balance and a gamble...

The kit itself looks pretty good in the box, but it is NOT perfect!! I know that I am going to have to correct the aft bulkhead of the mortar pit and will probably replace the flat photo etched bar armor with round styrene stock, etc.

I have two other projects in the pipeline now, Tread, so I reckon I won't even get to it until the end of June...arg!

How much was your hobbyshop offering it up for...? I'd say if ya see it again for a good price grab it up!! I have seen it on Red Lancers for $450.00 I paid a hefty $307.00 for it direct from Nimix --- after saving up for quite a while, of course! Wish I had the skills ta scratchbuild one!

Wanna hear about your Sewolf BWN diorama!!

Much Aloha,

Johnny B.
 _GOTOTOP