_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
Italeri 1/35 MTB
fenwood
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 76 posts
Model Shipwrights: 8 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 05:16 AM UTC
Hi to you all. I normally contact on the main site...so be gentle with me on here
My question is about the Italeri 1/35 MTB. I have been building it (in between other models) for quite sometime and have got to the stage where I am mounting it in a diorama, but...I am not happy with the rigging configuration. I have looked closely at other models but all seem to vary. The mast was damaged the other day...I managed to withhold my tears but went into rapid decline for a couple of days. but I,m alright now. So, I now have the opportunity to re-rig.
I cannot seem to get clear pictures of the configuration of the rigging and aerials. I have the Osprey book and various downloads but nothing clear. Any suggestions (O you are awful) of where I can get some in-depth clear shots of the above mentioned configuration?
I wait in anticipation.
Tony
alross2
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 317 posts
Model Shipwrights: 308 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 05:51 AM UTC
Assuming you mean the MTB 77 kit, here are John Lambert's drawings of this type from our Allied Coastal Forces of WWII:

Al Ross
fenwood
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 76 posts
Model Shipwrights: 8 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 - 04:52 AM UTC
AL,. Thank you for your prompt response. I received the downloads. Very good. I had seen references to this particular book but never bought it. The plans are great, the configuration is what I need, but I also require a closer look at the fittings from and to the mast,etc and how the wire is set-up. Any suggestions. Any sites that that you or anybody else would recommend
I hope this all makes sense to everybody.
Once again, thank you.
Tony
 _GOTOTOP