_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
Color questions (etc.) about PCF Swift boats
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Model Shipwrights: 85 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 02:38 AM UTC
Heya, Folks,

Have finally decided to build my 1/35th scale Masterpiece Models PCF Swift boat resin kit...

I am interested in portraying a craft patrolling the inland waterways of the Delta. Most of the Swifts were not surprisingly painted in some shade of naval gray, but from a few of the photos, it would appear as if others were painted more of a green-gray mixture.

Any advice on the base gray color as well as the more greenish color? I generally work with acrylics.

Also, I can only find one picture of a Swift, a long shot showing the angled gunshield on the aft .50/direct fire mortar. Anyone have any references or decent pictures of this field modification? Would be great to include it.

Last but not least, anyone have a line on a 35th scale Mk. II Talker helmet? A number of photos show the aft gunners sporting these. Going to give Shapeways a look...

UPDATE: Just found the 1/35th scale Talker helmet if anyone else needs one, courtesy of Shapeways!

https://www.shapeways.com/product/8V4A6R2SJ/1-35-usn-mk2-headphones-helmet-set1

I'm hoping this project will spur me to go back and complete my Masterpiece Models ASPB and get back to construction on my Revell 1/144 LSM ...

Thanks, as always, Folks!

With Regards and Aloha,

Johnny B.
 _GOTOTOP