_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
WALKAROUND
USS Constitution
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Model Shipwrights: 88 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 05:18 AM UTC
Tim Parker shortens his bucket list and provides us with a great photographic walk around of the USS Constitution.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
babaoriley
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 195 posts
Model Shipwrights: 12 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 05:38 AM UTC
Very nice photos, great details to bedevil a modeler with an unbuilt kit of this vessel in his stash. As I'm reading Ian Toll's outstanding book, "Six Frigates" these photos fit right in.
Fright
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 200 posts
Model Shipwrights: 186 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 10:49 AM UTC
Tim Parker - thanks for sharing these photos of the USS Constitution with everyone!
timmyp
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 496 posts
Model Shipwrights: 404 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 06:36 PM UTC
Doug & Robert,

I'm glad you like the pictures. In taking all these photos, my intention was to try and focus on details, as kit instructions & drawings from the time period don't always explain things.

If you have any questions or would like to have an explanation of a picture, please feel free to ask, and I'll try my best to answer.

Cheers,

Tim
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Model Shipwrights: 306 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 05:17 AM UTC
When my son entered Suffolk University nearby, we made the pilgrimage to Old Iron Sides. They also fire off a gun every day which is pretty cool.
threebs
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 5 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2018 - 12:59 PM UTC
I am looking for photos of the constitution's backside where the planking curves up to the stern galleries, something close up and also an angle shot up toward the quarter gallery and the stern gallery meet. I am planking my 1/72 scale plank on bulkhead model of the USF United States and I am not sure how the curve looks. Is it a very steep curve or a more gradual one? Two of the photos will help, but, I need some thing s little closer at the stern.
timmyp
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 496 posts
Model Shipwrights: 404 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 03:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I am looking for photos of the constitution's backside where the planking curves up to the stern galleries, something close up and also an angle shot up toward the quarter gallery and the stern gallery meet. I am planking my 1/72 scale plank on bulkhead model of the USF United States and I am not sure how the curve looks. Is it a very steep curve or a more gradual one? Two of the photos will help, but, I need some thing s little closer at the stern.

Hello Gregory,

Unfortunately, I can't help out with any additional pictures for what you're looking for - I don't live in Boston, and because of some kind of work they were doing aboard the ship, that part of the pier close to the stern/quarter galleries was inaccessible.

Tim
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 03:31 AM UTC
I was able to visit her once in the mid 80's. It was an unexpected boon so I did not have a camera. One day plan to fly into Boston so I can do a road trip to finish off seeing the NE states and will definitely revisit. LOL who know maybe one day I will take another stab at that big Revell kit
 _GOTOTOP