_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
Help? Base ship ID required ATC(H) vietnam
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Model Shipwrights: 97 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 01:28 AM UTC

What was the base ship/boat/craft of the ATC or
ATC(H)???

thanks
FBXray
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 13 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 09:04 AM UTC
Hi Matt, this is my first post, so forgive me if I do something wrong. the ATCH was based on the LCM 6 as were all the monitors and support ships. I don't know (have been looking on the web) what the difference is between the LCM 6 & 3, so far it looks like length is the only difference. There is a post in the gallery of a scratchbuilt 6, comparing that to photos of Verlinden & Italieri's 3 it looks like length is the only difference. Hope that is true, as I am waiting for Italieri and/or now I hear Trumpeter to come out with a full hull plastic kit to create the "smallest aircraft carrier in the world" an ATCH with a Huey landing pad.
Let me know if you find out anything else.
BTW I have 1/35 scale plans of a monitor which is based on an LCM 6 to compare the kits to once they come out.
matt
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 12:08 PM UTC
FBXray,

It does look like they're based on the LCM 6 i've got a set of plans (that Andy for the scratch build) sent me. I'm hoping it's close to the LCM 3......
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Model Shipwrights: 51 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 12:24 PM UTC
Guys, I too have been chomping at the bit to build a Monitor and ATC or ATC(H). There used to be a site called Riverine Force Productions that was all about building them from scratch. It is now down. The builder tells me he is updating it and will be up again soon. I would appreciate any plans you guys could provide me with. I am anxiosly awaiting the Trumpeter or Italeri releases as well. You can still see some of the models that John Carrico of Riverine Force Produtions built here. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
FBXray
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 13 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 05:20 AM UTC
Hey guys, found some good news yesterday. There is a Squardron Signal Publications book about WWII landing craft. In it it states that the only difference between the 3 & 6 is 6 feet in length, the width is the same. Makes me even more excited about the upcoming release(s). Send me your email address at
[email protected] and I'll send you the scale drawings I have for the monitor.

I scaled them down from some plans I purchsed at The floating Dry Dock, I also purchased plans for a PCF, but haven't scaled those. I think the original plans are 3/4" to 1' they also had other BWN plans, but I can't recall all of them, I think there was a PBR MK I. ??

I was fortunate enough to be able to print the pages from John Carricos web site, where he has detailed photos of his build for the ATCH. Unfortunatly I printed to a B&W printer, so they don't scan well. Hopefully he will have his new site up and running soon. He also talked about publishing a book on the BWN monitors. This was a couple 3 years ago though.

S~
matt
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 05:24 AM UTC
I do have a scale dwg of the LCM 6 there are some other Minor differences. I've also found some Plans online (a side view) of the ATC.........
matt
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 05:26 AM UTC
Just another Link for more Info http://www.rivervet.com/boats.htm
 _GOTOTOP