_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
Verlinden LCM-3
johnno
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 02:49 PM UTC
Ahoy!
I am working on the Verlinden LCM-3 in 1/35 scale. Anyone out there into that?
Patrick
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Model Shipwrights: 47 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 02:55 PM UTC
I think I can honestly say you are the first that I know of working on the Verlinden. Everyone else seemed to be waiting for the Italeri but since then Trumpeter might beat them to market with the first plastic LCM
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,305 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 03:11 PM UTC
Johnno,
Welcome to the forum, and No, I have never built one. But just mail it to me, and I'll build it for you. By the way, send some glue and all the Model Master Acrylic colors in existance. And money. I promise to get right on it.
Ciao for now
Rob
johnno
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 04:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think I can honestly say you are the first that I know of working on the Verlinden. Everyone else seemed to be waiting for the Italeri but since then Trumpeter might beat them to market with the first plastic LCM

Thanks for thr reply. I chose the Verlinden because it was the only one I had heard of when I placed my order. Since then everybody seems to be interested. Are you getting the trumpeter version?
Johnno
johnno
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 04:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Johnno,
Welcome to the forum, and No, I have never built one. But just mail it to me, and I'll build it for you. By the way, send some glue and all the Model Master Acrylic colors in existance. And money. I promise to get right on it.
Ciao for now
Rob

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the welcome. I am having too much fun with the LCM to send it to you, I will post some photos when I get into it a little more.
Johnno
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Model Shipwrights: 85 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 08:44 AM UTC
Welcome Aboard, Johnno!

I was interested in the Verlinden LCM until I heard of the impending Trumper and Italeri releases... Hit the brakes, figuring I could spend the extra dough on accessories...or rent.

Are you doing yours up as a Pacific or European craft? What are you going to load her up with? Any plans to do a diorama...?

Aloha

Johnny B.
johnno
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 12:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome Aboard, Johnno!

I was interested in the Verlinden LCM until I heard of the impending Trumper and Italeri releases... Hit the brakes, figuring I could spend the extra dough on accessories...or rent.

Are you doing yours up as a Pacific or European craft? What are you going to load her up with? Any plans to do a diorama...?

Aloha

Johnny B.

Hi,
The Verlinden kit is solid and well made. A lot of sanding and scrappping. I thought I'd do something different and am loading her up with oil drums and other cargo. Just taking my time and will be spending a lot of effort on super detailing. Converting some figures to sailors is just one time-consuming task ahead of me. My e-mail is [email protected] if you want to keep in touch as work progresses.
Johnno.
 _GOTOTOP