_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
More progress on the beast
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Model Shipwrights: 102 posts
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2005 - 06:49 AM UTC
I used the day off fromThanksgiving to get some more work done on the 1/32 Andrea Sub. Namely, I got the fake pressure hull constructed and added all of the PE deck plates. The pressure hull was easy to do once I figured out that I had to use smaller pieces of sheet plastic instead of the longer ones I was trying to use. I added more PE hatches and white metal pieces this morning prior to leaving for work. Pics of that will follow shortly. As always, comments welcome. Thanks for looking. "Q"
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
rv1963
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Model Shipwrights: 213 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 04:39 AM UTC
Matthew your progress looks really good so far and i have never seen that much PE on a model kit before, make shore to update us when you install the tower.
falconbbs
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 299 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 03:44 PM UTC
Wow! you've got the whole sub not just the conning tower! Wish I had one too...
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Model Shipwrights: 102 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 02:24 PM UTC
Yeah, I got the whole kit and ka-boodle. Lets of PE, white metal, and not a whole lot of resin. Hopefully if the weather warms up a bit I can get some primer on her and get some more pics posted. The conning tower is about 95% completed. I just need to add some fiddly bits to it. Didn't want to do that until after it was mounted so as not to continue breaking them off. Hopefully soon. Thanks. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP