_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
1/35th naval figures
hyde-park
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 5 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 05:18 AM UTC
I am building a 1/32nd scale PT boat. I'm wanting to include figures at battle stations. Problem is I need figures that have life vests on them. The kits original figures are pathetic including the life vests they are wearing. I've bought some really nice 1/35th scale US soldier figures with the intention of using them. This would work very well except for the lack of the vests issue. The 1/35th Revell/Monogram UDT boat has two figures with the correct vests but I'd need about a dozen (6 kits!) for my purposes. Other than trying to make the vests myself, does anyone have additional UDT figures that they would be willing to sell me, or know of any available in either other kits or from any aftermarket sources. Thanks in advance! Vern
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Model Shipwrights: 51 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 03:15 AM UTC
Vern,
There was an article here recently about scratch building an LCM-6 in 1/35th scale. The author talked about converting figures to sailors. I believe he got heads with sailor ahts from Hornet. Here is a link to that article: LCM-6 Build
hyde-park
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 01:07 PM UTC
Hi Gino, Thank you for pointing out this article for me. This is the kind of the information I was looking for. This modelers work is absolutely incredible! If one didn't know that these were pics of a model you'd swear that they were of the real thing. I only hope someday I can do as good. Thanks again for the lead. All for now, Vern
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 08:23 AM UTC
Vern,
New 1/35 scale Verlinden Naval Figures. These may be what you are looking for. Hope they help.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 08:26 AM UTC
Also check this out. 1/35th LCM-3
hyde-park
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 12:38 PM UTC
Hi Gino, Yes I think they are. And I think they will. Thank you! How on earth did you find them? All for now, Vern
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 02:42 AM UTC
Happened to see them over at Verlinden as new releases for January. They look pretty cool, I haven't seen the price yet though. Visions of Vietnam Riverine Force ATC conversions floated through my head as I saw the LCM-3. Probably too pricy for me though, especially after Christmas.
hyde-park
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 12:23 PM UTC
Hi Gino, DUH! That would be logical. But you'd think with all the internet surfing I do those might of come up at some point in my searches. But I do appreciate it though. All for now, Vern
hyde-park
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:05 AM UTC
Hi Gino, Son-of-a-gun. You know, I just found them on eBay too. Vern
 _GOTOTOP