_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
LCM(3) What colour, Rhine crossing
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Model Shipwrights: 67 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 12:49 AM UTC
hello,

I'm just about to start painting the Trumpeter LCM(3) whichis going on the back of a Dragon Wagon, but I'm were they re-painted in OD or still Dark Grey? I have some photo's which show that the hull was one solid colour, no anti-fouling or such, but can't determine the correct shade.
Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Henk
jantkowiak
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 113 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 02:55 AM UTC
Hi, Henk. While researching LCMs for my D-Day scene, I ran across a reference or two indicating that they worked fast to make them all OD for the Rhine crossing. I'm trying to remember if that was in the Time-Life WWII volume on Crossing the Rhine, or where that was. If I think of it, I'll re-post.

I don't know if you've seen it, but Harald (username "dukw") did a phenomenal piece of work on his DW / LCM set. I can't seem to find the threads where he disusses it, but I know it's on Armorama somewhere.

John A.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 06:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

'm just about to start painting the Trumpeter LCM(3) whichis going on the back of a Dragon Wagon, but I'm were they re-painted in OD or still Dark Grey?

Hey Henk,

The Rhine crossing LCMs were painted OD green.

Gator
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Model Shipwrights: 67 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 08:32 AM UTC
Thanks John and Kenny..

TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Model Shipwrights: 26 posts
Posted: Monday, May 15, 2006 - 02:34 AM UTC
Hi,

Quoted Text

I don't know if you've seen it, but Harald (username "dukw") did a phenomenal piece of work on his DW / LCM set. I can't seem to find the threads where he disusses it, but I know it's on Armorama somewhere.

I think that the topic that John jantkowiak is refering it's this one - DUKW's heavy hauler

The link for the photos do not work but if you go to "MY PHOTOS" you will find them easily, including a real photo of one on a DW.

I also find this one about a LCM at Rhine - LCM3 - Rhine Ferry

HTH
 _GOTOTOP