_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Battleships
Topics from the Dreadnaught era to modern day.
Hosted by Steve Joyce
Italeri Panzerschiff Deutschland
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Model Shipwrights: 67 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 07:55 PM UTC
While digging through my boxes, I've run across another old model kit. This is the Italeri pocket battleship Deutschland in 1:720 scale (kit #505). This is another kit I never knew I owned, and not my normal cup of tea. Anyone have any information on the quality of the kit and about Italeri ship models in general?
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 09:28 PM UTC
Hey Robin!
Speaking from personal experience, my friend, I built this kit years ago, and I don't remember any major problems with it at all...I really like Italeri ship kits, never really had any fit problems or the like. I'm building the Italeri LCVP that I did an inbox review for MSW now and it's a total DREAM of a kit to build! Have fun with it, mate!
~Gunny
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Model Shipwrights: 833 posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 - 11:01 AM UTC
I built this one several years ago as well and it's a very nice model. Sharp detail and no fit issues. The only downside I could see was the fact that it was not very compatible with 1/700 ships.
dolpff
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 6 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 07:54 AM UTC
Hi Sabot!

Can only briefly point out that Italeri 1:720 versions of Deutschland class is pretty good in both fit and detail (well better than Fujimas versions - believe me!). As in the case of the above ship (Italeri N.505) covers the years 1937-1938, and nothing else!
Can not agree with Biggles2 that Italeri Deutschland class 1:720 scale does not measure up against other ships in 1:700. Has to date built about seventy (70st) 1:700 ships, and I can absolutely not see any difference ... so far you do not have a particularly eagel eye that detect very small dimensions!

Regards

Dolpff
 _GOTOTOP