_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
Italeri PT Boat --- got a release date...?
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Model Shipwrights: 85 posts
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2006 - 02:10 AM UTC
Heya, Folks,

Does anyone have a release date for the Italeri 35th scale PT boat...? Just curious as I will need to modify my hobby spending to accomodate (ya gotta love living on a budget)...

And just for laughs --- does anyone think that Italeri will release any other variants of the PT boat after the initial release? They do tend to do that.

I just wish they'd do more LVTs or Landing craft!

Much Aloha,

Johnny B.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2006 - 02:46 AM UTC
Hi Johnny,

Haven't heard when it's due out, sorry.

Couldn't agree more about other stuff, I'm waiting on the Salvage Boat a new LCA, a new LCP (R), a British MTB and an LC accessory set. :-) :-) :-) :-) Oh and a plastic injection X Craft. That would do to start.

Oh yes and a set of say 3 or 6 diffferent small rowing boats. LOL, LOl, LOL.

Cheers

Al
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2006 - 04:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Heya, Folks,

Does anyone have a release date for the Italeri 35th scale PT boat...? Just curious as I will need to modify my hobby spending to accomodate (ya gotta love living on a budget)...

Aloha, Johnny!
Sorry mate, still unconfirmed from Italeri, unfortunately.

Quoted Text

And just for laughs --- does anyone think that Italeri will release any other variants of the PT boat after the initial release? They do tend to do that.

I just wish they'd do more LVTs or Landing craft!

Much Aloha,

Johnny B.

Really hard to say, my friend...it would be nice to speculate on a positive note, and maybe the Elco will do remarkably well in sales and prompt Italeri to produce further variants....time will tell. I guess!
Cheers!
~Gunny
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Model Shipwrights: 85 posts
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2006 - 09:37 AM UTC
Thanks, as always, guys, for the replies...

Gunny, you raised an obvious, but important question: how well do we think the Italeri PT boat will sell...?

Now $100.00 to $150.00 most definitely ain't cheap and the price tag is certainly enough to deter impulse shoppers... BUT, the old Linderberg chestnut has been around and has sold FOR YEARS...and I know that a lot of modelers have put a great amount of work bringing it up to snuff...

Aside from myself, I know of one other modeler in these parts who plans on buying it... How 'bout you guys...?

Wonder how many Italeri has to sell to break even...

I also like being able to use armor aftermarket for this kit as well! And I have my eye on the P-38 cannon for use on an assault version of a tracked LVT.

Here-here, Alan, lets hope that even a few of the wish-list kits make it to production!

Much Aloha, amigos,

Johnny B.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2006 - 02:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Aside from myself, I know of one other modeler in these parts who plans on buying it... How 'bout you guys...?

Hey John!
Already pre-ordered, my friend...I'm sure that it will be worth it, even if it takes a little "adjustment", to make it right!
~Gunny
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2006 - 03:55 PM UTC
Hi gentlemen,

Once the price of a plastic injection kit goes over £30.00 I start to get seriously worried about my sanity LOL, LOL. I did fork out on the Italeri LCM as it looked like it might be a one off and turned out to be a great little boat.

I might have to save for this one, but it's going onto the buy list at some point, funds permitting.

I think there are good opportunities for other 1/35 small craft as the 60th anniversary of D Day sparked a lot of interest and there are a lot of folks interest in the Pacific campaign. An accessories kit is a must and as Italeri ones are reasonably priced would I think sell extremely well.

Still think my multi purpose sailors are a safe bet too.

Here's hoping.

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP