_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Related
Site related feedback, issues, or suggestions.
We need a NEW Managing Editor!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Model Shipwrights: 267 posts
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2006 - 03:23 AM UTC
With Rui stepping down as Managing Editor, we will need someone to try to step in and take the wheel. I have drafted a job description for Managing Editors to give anyone considering this a good idea of what the job entails and how much scope there is to the ME's control of the site. Essentially I am going to be looking for someone who wants to run this site and build the best ship modeling site on the Internet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Managing Editor

Summary: The Managing Editor shall oversea the day-to-day operations of their site, which includes content addition, managing staff, and all aspects of site promotion, planning, and vendor relations.

Job Responsibilities:

• The Managing Editor (ME) shall have full administrative powers over their site. These powers include the ability to add and modify features, reviews, web links, and forum content on the site.

• The ME is encouraged to build a volunteer staff for their site. They have the ability to hire and fire staff members from their team at will. It is the duty of the ME to ensure that staff members on their team are properly instructed, motivated, and fulfilling their responsibilities as staff members.

• The ME controls the majority of vendor relationships directly related to ship modeling. Via these relationships the ME will occasionally receive products for review. It is the job of the ME to either review this product or put it into the hands of someone who will review the product for the site in a timely manner. Costs for shipping products to reviewers can be refunded via saved postal receipts and proper logging of items sent.

• The ME will work to enact any directives made by the publisher, enforce site policy and promote the general welfare of the greater KitMaker community of modelers.

Skill Requirements:

• Managing Editors should be capable modelers with at least 5 years experience concurrent experience building the types of scale models their site covers.

• Managing Editors must be able to express ideas clearly and logically and should love to write. Creativity, curiosity, a broad range of knowledge, self-motivation and perseverance also are valuable.

• They need to demonstrate good judgment and a strong sense of ethics in deciding what to publish.

• The ability to concentrate amid confusion and work effectively under pressure is essential.

• Familiarity with electronic publishing, graphics and basic HTML increasingly necessary.

Reports to: Publisher (Jim Starkweather)

Compensation: None. This is a volunteer position.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are interested please use this contact form. Please include all the information you think I will need to know in regards to your experience, skills, or how you think you can accomplish the goals outlined.

Thanks,
Jim
This post was removed.
wbrittjr
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 08:43 PM UTC
hi, im itnerested in the job posted, i have over 30 years modeling expierience, im disabled and am home most of the time, please consider me. thank you bill britt
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 09:58 PM UTC
Hi Bill

Make sure you contact Jim by clicking on the "contact form" link in his post.

Otherwise he may not even see your post.

Regards

Sean
 _GOTOTOP