_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
LCP (R) Side Armour + LCM 3 Well Load
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 01:51 PM UTC
Gretings all,

Here's some updates on the two boats so far.

LCM 3 - possible load - some old Italeri and Tamiya kits that might do for the load for he LCM. Have added fenders, ropes, fire extinguishers and axe, rolled up scramble net. Still to fo MG, Ramp Latches and side Brackets, Anchor and some general touching up.

PICTURES REMOVED TO UPDATE GALLERY

Both boats - have added a few figures for scale and added side armour plates. I hope the configuration is right, I had to do it from memory as I couldn't find my original reference photo, lots of internet problems last week.

LCPL (R) - The interior is pretty much finished and have started the weathering process on the side armour plates.

Both boats, since these pictures were taken have added boat hooks and some additional ropes to both boats and Ramp Latches to the LCM 3.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Al
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 02:40 PM UTC
Fantastic looking builds, Al!
Some great looking payloads, too!
I think that you should document your weathering process, mate (if you want to divulge your secrets, that is! ), it would make a terrific feature story for MSW...something to think about, mate!
Keep modeling!
~Gunny
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 04:21 PM UTC
Hi Gunny,

Thanks for you feedback.

The weathering process for the LCP (R) deck is in the last post. Not sure if you want one for the exterior of the boats?

Happy to share what I've done, but a lot is trial and error, although I have a basic plan!!!

PM me if you want something more specific and I'll see what I can put together. I've taken a lot of pictures of the various stages of the build so it might be possible to put something half decent together but remember I'm just a novice so will need an idea of exactely what you want.

I have been having serious internet problems all week, the engineer is due tomorrow so I hope that will solve the problem but if I'm off line for a few days that's the reason.

Cheers

Al
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Model Shipwrights: 502 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 11:32 PM UTC
hey Alan,
i really like the ropey job you have been doing, the curves of these add a real "lively" and organic feeling to the cold steel,
keep on mate, hope to see the follow up with the diorama soon enough!
JB
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2006 - 07:05 PM UTC
Hi Jean,

Thanks for the feedback, dio will be a while yet but it's getting there slowly.

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP