_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
Pier 51 New Layout Pics
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 08:17 PM UTC
Greetigns all,

Here's some new pics of the changed layout to include Cheyenne's Lighthouse.

I have some room for manouver and this may change slightly as the project progresses :-) :-) :-)

Lighthouse area, and dog leg, positions of both may change.

The whole area. The stuart represents vehicles on the Sea wall Road and the red pencil indicates the start of the slipway.

The shaving Foam is the position of the crane and the lunch boc the lighthouse with the other small box behine representing the fisherman's hut LOL, LOL.

Some plain views of the layout:

Thoughts and ideas welcome.

Cheers

Al
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 08:53 PM UTC
JEEPERS, Al, that dio is gonna be HUGE!

Does look quite nice, though, good layout plan. . .keep us posted, mate!
~Gunny
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 09:20 PM UTC
Hi Gunny,

Yip, the pier and sea wall wil have to be at least 5 to 6 inches (about 18ft) in height as the boats will be sitting below them. I might change he angle of the beach area as I still have to add the 'wee boat' which I thougth could be bobbing around the rope ladder on the starboard side of the US LCM. It would also help break the angle of the boats.

I might move the pier wall out slightly as I want as little 'water' as possible and looking at the pics there is wasted space starboard side of the boats. If I change the angle of the beach area the sea wall could also be enlarged as there will be trucks parked on it and a Bedford reversing into the British LCM from the slipway.

Lots of adjustments to make and think about, it's why I built the kits first!!!

Cheers

Al
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 12:47 AM UTC
Greetings all,

Hi Gunny,

Some updates on my thinking on the layout. I've extended the width of the pier to 10" thus allowing the rail tracks to run to the top of the main pier and extended the sea wall to show a footpath, slightly wider road and show the slipway. I've altered the shape of the small beach area, hopefully this will make better use of the space and also help to reduce the 'water' area.

Although a smaller berth for the boats I think this would still allow room for them to get in/out??????? You can see the curve of one side of the entrance at the top.

Boats in new location,

Any thoughts on the working area for the boats would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP