_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
Modern Riverine Boats
Frigate
Visit this Community
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 205 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 10:58 AM UTC
Shipmates,
Obviously, I've been researching the Riverine forces for our new campaign. While digging around I found a few most interesting facts. The Navy has indeed brought back the River/Harbor Patrol units. They seem to be equipping them with the Sea Ark Dauntless 34' boats.

They look pretty good, and definitely worthy of more research. (Do I feel a scratch-build coming on ?) I sent to the manufacturer for more info and are still waiting.

Just wondering if any of our esteemed group have these boats "Up close and personnel" ? I'm definitely interested in any comments the group would have. Take it easy.........................................................Bruce
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 04:50 PM UTC
Bruce,
I found this article that talks about the new boat, very interesting.

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/2006/02/return-of-the-gators-us-navy-stands-up-new-coastal-warfare-squadron/index.php
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 05:29 PM UTC
Ahoy Bruce!

Check your NEWS section too, mate!

Here

These boats look AWESOME!

Semper Fi,
~Gunny
Frigate
Visit this Community
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 205 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 07:39 PM UTC
Shipmates,
Aye, these are some impressive boats from what information I can find. There are actually several different types. I was trying to concentrate on the SeaArk Marine Dauntless 34' Patrol Boat as issued to several of the Naval Coastal Warfare Squadrons. I contacted SeaArk Marine directly, but they refused to share any information. In these days, I can understand it..don't like it...but understand it. Until such time as more info comes into the public domain, we'll just have to keep an eye out for items on the Squadrons and crews. But if folks are interested, and keep comm lines open, eventually we'll get more info. The Swiftboat Veteran's site has had the best photos so far, but keep an eye open. Plus eventually we might get a crewman aboard here to help us out, who knows ? Semper Fi ...Bruce
 _GOTOTOP