_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
Schnellboote S-100
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 07:06 PM UTC
I couldn't find the posting that talked about this but I had thought some one mentioned it.......can't find it though.

I was wondering if some one could point me in the right drection for props to go on my S-100. The ones in the kit seem a bit off and I had thought there was an aftermarket company that mades props for the revell kit (1/72). Let me know if you know.
M88arv
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 12 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 08:05 PM UTC
Hi Frank,

Take a look here :http://www.modelwarships.com/reviews/reviews.html , click "Miscellaneous Accessories and tools"(scroll down untill you come to 1/72 accessories.
Hope its usefull.
Greetz
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 06:09 PM UTC
M88arv,

That was a usefull reveiw but since I have small skills at scratch building I was looking for a site that sold the proper sized propps.

Would any one have a drawing of the propp for this boat?
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 07:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

M88arv,

That was a usefull reveiw but since I have small skills at scratch building I was looking for a site that sold the proper sized propps.

Would any one have a drawing of the propp for this boat?

Hey Frank!

I don't personally, but there is a mate in our waters that can tell you practically ANYTHING about this boat, and have a drawing to prove it...his name is Al Ross, and he can be reached at Coastal Forces Plans .
Give him a shout!
~Gunny
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 07:46 PM UTC
Hey Frank.

I'm drawing a blank on the modeling side. Why don't you look at some of the R/C suppliers and see if any of those props will work.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 10:05 PM UTC
I would generally think that R?C props woul be way to big and wrong shaped as they are more for speed and such rather than static display accuracy. In all honesty, I would think that the blades would be close enough that came wth the kit, of course you might be looking at far more accuracy than I would demand of the kit.
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 09:54 AM UTC
Blaster,
I've been thinking about what you said and I think your right. I've been taking a second look at my build and I have found that I've been infected with the over detailing bug...LOL! The props are just fine with what I want to do with my boat and there are some other things I have had to regroup on. TY for the advice.
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Friday, June 01, 2007 - 03:35 AM UTC
Hey all,
I have a little problem I hope someone can help me with. I want to add some depth charges to my build and I was going to get the parts from PDI model supply but they have closed shop. I can't find any other company that carries the depth charges so I thought to give some scratch building a try.

This is where my problem is, I'm not real good with scaling and I want the charges to look presentable. I was wondering if some one could let me know what the dia and length should be for my 1/72 depth charges?

That’s the only photo I have of the charges on the boat but I can't figure out the size I need. If some one could help me on the measurements I could go from there. Thanks.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Friday, June 01, 2007 - 04:35 AM UTC
Hey Frank,

I think someone makes resin depth charges for that kit. Let me hunt around.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 12:45 PM UTC
While you're at it Kenny would the same resin depth charges work for the PT 109? I've seen one drawing of her showing two on her foredeck, along with the 37mm, and I want to do that with the Revell kit.

Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 01:15 PM UTC
Your wish is my command.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 01:30 PM UTC
Here you go.

1/72 German depth charges from Schatton Modellbau.

Schatton Modellbau

Sorry Rodger. No luck on US depth charges.
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 01:40 PM UTC
Roger,
Have you looked here?

www.djparkins.clara.net

Single Depth Charge Rack Set £6.90

This set provides four single depth charge & chute units as carried on most Coastal Forces vessels. Sets can obviously be combined to fit out the larger boats. All the strapping and release gear is fully represented in this set, together with accurate mounting chocks.

These might be a little easier to make in to american charges than the german ones.
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 01:44 PM UTC
Gator,
Thanks for finding that site for me, it's great, that went right to my favs list.
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 04:00 AM UTC
Hey all,

I don't think I have the time to order the depth charges for my S-100 so I was going to scrape build them. I have a pic that shows one end of the depth charge being slightly concave, does any one know if both ends were concave? I woule think so but I would welcome any input.

P.S. Sorry if I'm confusing any one, but my brain jumps around to different things all the time.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 12:12 PM UTC
Hey Frank,

Check here: http://www.prinzeugen.com/
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 12:25 PM UTC
Gator,
That's where I got many of my pic's from but I didn't see a shot that showed both ends. I will probibly just go with both ends being a little concave. No sense spending a great deal of time on a small detail.
alross2
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 317 posts
Model Shipwrights: 308 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 01:56 PM UTC
Frank,

Did you email me about the sizes of German depth charges a day or so ago? It was a forwarded message (noahfong@yahoo) and when I replied, it came back as undeliverable.

What I wrote was that I've been through what references I have on the German boats (including a set of original Lurrsen plans) and nothing lists any dimensions nor provides any scaled drawings. One source indicated that there were five or so different sizes, but nothing beyond that. Go to www.prinzeugen.com and drop the webmaster an email. He's very knowledgeable on the KM and might have your answer.

There is a really clear shot of one end of the depth charge at www.prinzeugen.com under "Schnellboot", then "Weapons".

Al
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 07:18 AM UTC
Frank :

If you go the scratch build route, look at the guy standing near the charges in the picture. Get a 72nd scale figure and some styrene rod and youshould be able to mimic / scratch what you need as close enough for government work
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 04:28 PM UTC
Hey all,

I've looked at the pictures over at "prinzeugen.com" and I can't seem to find a picture depicting the "bootstrap"(did I get the name right?) the stripe of paint between the red bottom and the main color of the boat (I know I'm a lost cause with the names of things). Did the S-100 even have this? I'm thinking no but I want to make sure.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 12:27 AM UTC
Hey Frank,

It's called "boot topping" and I don't remember seeing one on any of the photos or models that I've seen.
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 12:36 AM UTC
Gator,
I can't remember seeing one either but for some reason I had it stuck in my head that there was a black one.......but it seems I was imagineing it. Thanks for the quick reply, now I feel better about not putting it on.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 05:04 AM UTC
You generally don't find the black stripe on small craft. The Japanese didn't se one at all
madwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 258 posts
Model Shipwrights: 141 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 - 08:16 AM UTC
Check out:

http://www.shipsnthings.com/indexNS.htm
and
http://www.raboesch.com/

for propellers.
 _GOTOTOP