_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Military Small Craft
For topics on PT boats, landing craft, Vietnam riverine, etc.
1/72 figures?
MARPAT
Visit this Community
Northern Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 206 posts
Model Shipwrights: 101 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 11:33 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

I am having a lot of trouble looking for possible 1/72 WW2 Canadian/British sea men for a Revel Flower class. Does anybody know a company that makes good figures for this choice? Thanks so much Guys!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 11:44 PM UTC
I know CMK did a whole series of 72nd figures for the German U-boot and I think a few for the S-boot. Iam pretty sure I saw some also for the Gato sub. I don't know of any Briish figures, perhaps you could get some of the other sets and modify them. Possible to take some of the old Airfix vinyl 72nd scale figuers and do the same. Other than that check all the "expensive" figure lines out....ones where you might pay $10 a figure like Verlinden
habicht
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 31 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 12:54 PM UTC
As far as i know, Hecker & Goros did a set of three figures, titeled "Royal Navy 1939-45, Crew Home Waters". Perhaps these might be useful...

Jan
DJC
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 82 posts
Model Shipwrights: 13 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 01:30 PM UTC
Hecker & Goros have two white metal sets of RN figures: the 'Home waters' set and a Flower gun crew set - both very good quality. At a pinch, you could probably use some of the Hecker & Goros USN sets.

Other possible sources are the crew figures from the Airfix, Air Sea Rescue Launch, Vosper MTB, LCM3 and some of the military vehicle kits.

I have converted quite a few figures from the Preiser 1927 air crew and passenger set and they work quite well.

Another option would be the resin landing craft crew figures from Milicast.

Regards

David
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 05:04 PM UTC
hI Hogan

Please check this:
ROYAL NAVY 1939-45

Royal Navy Crew Home Waters