Well...another busy day at the Office....
Hands on the work:
I discovered the largest mistakes of Oregon when it had already set up the superestrutura...
I began catching the piece and comparing with the pictures and, oh yes, everything was clear....
I began a "coating " of the walkway among the prow bridge and of stern, using plasticard of 0,2mm of thickness ...like a paper...
The manipulation of this passing one would be easier if the piece was off. I forced with scalp in the plastic welds and voilá:
Part off ...Just this, I love welders!!!!!!
With the walkway off, everything was easier ...I´ll take advantage this and re-do the bridges of prow and stern... They are totally wrong....
What a mass...This ship is a trully puzzle !!!
But returning to the superestructure: I made the floor of the 8 inches guns deck with plasticard (1mm of thickness ). cut out and beginning the "scribbing " like boards:
This deck will be glued inside the superestructure.
For the new deck to be in the same plan of the guns deck, I made 4 plasticard semi-circles (2mm) to serve as support in the internal portion of the barbets. With this, the internal deck is in the same level of the external deck:
I made semi-circles to allow the adaptation of the scouring pads that allow the 8 inches gun turrets movement.
...another vision angle: Repair that the prow bridge was all cut out, fixing your shape...
A dry-run of the turrets and the walkway:
Now, a great small detail: I will build the turrets in separate (for easy to paint) and I want to preserve the turrets rotation.
I decided to do a system that does allow the movement of the towers wen I to glue the deck in the hull.
I perforated the back portions of the scouring pads of the 8 inches towers (1) and I will glue some pieces of soft plastic as " springs " to allow the rotate with a certain " weight ".
I used, for this, the " springs " that we found under the keys of old computer keyboards (2). I will glue these parts with superglue in the scouring pads...
After the glued piece-springs. The semi-circles of 1mm plasticard will be " to join " the scouring pads in your ranches, allowing the rotation movement, but retaining them in position.
The scouring pads fit at your places, free and allowing the turn::
And a photo of the " retainers ". In the inferior portion, the position before and in the big image, after glued:
With that, I can turn the structure that the scouring pads don't fall ...But they are free to rotate and " with weight " in the rotation, thanks to the spring-plastic surgeries:
Later, it is only glue the towers in your rotation pins. A dry-run::
I found one more mistake...
Problem: the 13 inches towers are very " flat " .
Looks at the picture below:
The main towers are higher than your barbets, while the kit ´s have the same height:
Solution: to use a 2mm platicard disk "to raise" the turret. When doing this, I need to remove the "current border " of the tower.
Cutting the disks, with a compasses:
Dry-run: Note the tower´s border still present:
Using the Dremel to rectify the plasticard disks:
I used the same system to remove the turrets borders. See a comparative picture::
And how it was: Compare: left tower, rectified; right tower, the one of the kit. EEww!
The fixed towers, with a small putty portion for correction of defects:
Well, this was the producy of yesterday...
We will see if I get to work today in this Big girl....
See you soon!!!