Okay, update time!
First up, another error in the WEM PE: the railing specifically for this area does not allow for the deck stepping out and is too short. So, I have had to cut it in half and leave out the short section and fill it with a scratch built section
I used this left over radar which matches pretty closely to the lower part of the surrounding railing.
trimmed down ready for paint
and fitted with some railing added to finish off the top
overall shots of where she's at
bridge wing cabs fitted
now, I thought I might get away with twisting the PE anchor chain WEM provide, but I'm not happy with the results
I've ordered some chain from a model railroad shop here that sells 15 links per inch with flatted sides, so we'll see how that looks when it arrives
most of the railings are on now
well, now we're at the tricky stage. After I replace the anchor chains, I'll be fitting the jack staffs and finalizing the railings. She's not glued down to the base yet as I want to clear coat her before doing so, so cross your fingers folks that i don't damage her.