I have been making progress these pass few days.
I put a couple of coats of (Model Master) Kure Grey followed with a couple of coats of Future to protect the paint.
The bow and stern main decks have been painted and fitted on the hull.
Started painting the three flight decks. The first attempt was a total failure. The paint wouldn't stick to the decks and the paint would come off when I pulled the (test) tape off (I don't think I let the paint cure long enough). Remove the paint and re-primed (Vallejo White Primer) and let it sit for a couple of days. Then I added a random coats of Buff and Sandy Brown. Lay .4mm X 9mm strips of tape randomly on the decks put on a coat of (Vallejo Model Air)Mahagony paint and added more tape strips randomly.
Right after I took those photos I put on a layer of Medium Brown paint. I will let that sit for a full day and then add more random strips of tape. I have four more layers and colors to do, so this will take a week at least before I put the final coat of Future to protect it.
While I was waiting for the decks to dry I started on the air wing. They are all painted and have a layer of Future on them.
All they need are the decals which I plan on starting tomorrow. I hope all goes well because those decals are mighty tiny and I have big hands.
Until the next post.