_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
New Premium Edition HMS Illustrious
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2007 - 02:08 PM UTC
Ahoy mates!

Dragon Models has done it again. Check out the NEW Premium Edition HMS Illustrious.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gator
Vulcan20
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 114 posts
Model Shipwrights: 56 posts
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2007 - 04:03 PM UTC
Thanks for the news. I used to see my LHS still has old DML/Shanghai Dragon HMS Invincible and HMS Illustrious. Both invincible class but seperate issue. I wonder if a premium HMS Invincible will follow. Invincible used to carry Sea Dart, Phalanx CIWS. Now with the new goalkeeper and Harrier GR.9, and EH101 throw in, I wonder if the premium Illustrious will still include the old sea harriers, sea kings, and sea dart, phalanx. Can this premium Illustrious be back dated to Falkland HMS Invicible? Or should DML issue a 3-in-1 invincible class at 25th anniversary of Falkland Island War? Hum ... 3-in-1? ... Invincible, Illustrious, and Ark Royal ... bingo.

Steven
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2007 - 06:17 PM UTC
Oh my wallet.... Another ship that needs to join my stash. I have the old Dragon/Revell offering of the HMS Invincible 1982 so to add the Illustrious would allow the viewing pleasure of seeing the old and the new of the same class of ship.

Thanks for sharing Gator.

Ciao
Luciano
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 12:25 AM UTC
Gator,

Thanks for the link, great ship and I'm with Littorio when the painful wallet was mentioned. Many great kits coming out and the sparse wallet and time are the only things keeping me back. Geuss I have to pick and choose even though I want it all...lol
 _GOTOTOP