_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
RALLY CALL~Riverine Military Craft Campaign
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 01:35 AM UTC
Ahoy Mates!

Know what happens at 12:00:01 tomorrow A.M.?

It's the official start of the MSW Riverine Military Craft~Indochina/Vietnam Campaign!!!

Let's have a rally/roll call for all ye entrants, yearggghhhhh....
~Gunny
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 02:28 AM UTC
yearggghhhhh....
Sign aboard here
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 02:48 AM UTC
Hey all,

I think I finally decided what I'll be building for this campaign. I have a USS Pine Island that I'll be getting from e-bay and I'll turn that in to the USS Currituck (AV-7) which was the last fully operational seaplane tender during her time supporting troops in vietnam.

USS CURRITUCK’s final deployment to West-Pac reduced her six month homeport stay four months and she left for operations from a seadrome at her anchorage in Cam Rahn Bay, South Vietnam where she serviced the P5M’s (SP5's) of VP-40 during operation “MARKET TIME”. Operating from USS CURRITUCK, VP-40 participated in the last seaplane tender operations conducted by the U.S. Navy and closed this phase of U.S. Naval Aviation History after operating there from 19 March to 12 April 1967. VP-40 logged a total of 860 flight hours, utilizing but seven aircraft from USS CURRITUCK, which maintained an availability of 94.38%. While operating with the Mobil Riverine Force in Vietnam USS CURRITUCK’s call sign was “FLYING GOOSE” On 23 May 1967, USS CURRITUCK returned to her home port of San Diego, California and in so doing brought down the curtain on one of the more colorful facets of Naval Aviation operations. She was the last active seaplane tender in the U. S. NAVY.

I like the history of this one, not to sure how much diference there is between the 2 ships but they were of the same class. Either way it will be a good, fun build.

P.S. Thats of course if I win the auction.....
Vulcan20
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 114 posts
Model Shipwrights: 56 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 02:50 AM UTC
Well ... need to visit LHS to see if they have PBR ...

Steven
sahariana
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 381 posts
Model Shipwrights: 82 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 05:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ahoy Mates!

Know what happens at 12:00:01 tomorrow A.M.?

It's the official start of the MSW Riverine Military Craft~Indochina/Vietnam Campaign!!!

Let's have a rally/roll call for all ye entrants, yearggghhhhh....
~Gunny

Yeah baby, yearggghhhhh....

Lets be having you shipmates!

Dus
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 06:10 AM UTC
I got out my swift boat and resin .50 cal machine guns last night and put them next to the workbench. Double checked the color of the boat this morning and I'm ready to go!

Laissez les bon temps roulet!
 _GOTOTOP