_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
Part Three, Eduards New Gato PE
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 08:29 AM UTC
Ahoy, ye maties!
And now, the Coup de Grace, part three in todays three part series of Eduards new 1/72 scale Gato photo-etch upgrades!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gunny
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 09:30 AM UTC
Gunny,

With all 3 set's it comes to a bit over 100.00, question is ....is it worth it? Would you or the other staff members pay that for the PE (if you had the money in your wallet) and then another 100.00 or so for the kit?

Just wondering because I trying to think how I can come up with that in a short period of time. I like the kit and this PE looks great.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 11:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gunny,

With all 3 set's it comes to a bit over 100.00, question is ....is it worth it? Would you or the other staff members pay that for the PE (if you had the money in your wallet) and then another 100.00 or so for the kit?

Just wondering because I trying to think how I can come up with that in a short period of time. I like the kit and this PE looks great.

Well sir, in a word....yes!
I have the Gato, (and I pull out the box every once in a while and dream of the day when I will have the time to start her) and I do plan on picking up at least ONE of these sets... I'm in no hurry, and you shouldn't be either...these will be around for a while...
~Gunny
Harry_at_BFM
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 594 posts
Model Shipwrights: 556 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 12:31 PM UTC
Frank,
In my opinion, if I find a problem with a kit part I make a new one. Be it out of litho plate or styrene. To me this is the fun of our hobby, trying to figure out how to improve on or revise a kit part. I get a great deal of satisfaction from making the part myself. Try it you may like it.
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 12:35 PM UTC
Harry,

You are right. I have done a little bit of "scratch" work on my S-100 and I did enjoy it. But I also like the PE for the detail that can be put into it.
 _GOTOTOP