"Ship of the Quarter" final stretch...
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 10:38 PM UTC
Ahoy, mates!

FIVE more days until the official close of our first "Ship of the Quarter" contest!!

So far, only one entrant has posted a finished build...hope that you other salts will finish on time, as well!!

Official start date was May 9th, so as the rules state, July 9th, building time will end, and all photos must be uploaded for judging at this date.

Thanks for the (limited) participation, and good luck to the entrants on finishing up!

Keep Modeling!
~Gunny
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 960 posts
Model Shipwrights: 901 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 11:45 PM UTC
Gunny,
Not to be pickey but do we have a time on monday to have things turned in? I should be able to post my stuff on Friday but it's nice to know if there is a time.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 11:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gunny,
Not to be pickey but do we have a time on monday to have things turned in? I should be able to post my stuff on Friday but it's nice to know if there is a time.

"Build time will close on May 9th, 12:00:01 A.M."

Then the judging will begin...
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2007 - 04:16 PM UTC
Gunny,
I'll be on the other side of the state on Sat so I went and posted my build now. It's finished and there will be no more changes. This contest was a great learning experiance. One of the biggest things I've learned is time fly's and I must have been crazy thinking I could get 2 builds completed......I haven't even started on the Vosper yet........OHH well at lest I got the S-100 completed.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2007 - 10:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gunny,
I'll be on the other side of the state on Sat so I went and posted my build now. It's finished and there will be no more changes. This contest was a great learning experiance. One of the biggest things I've learned is time fly's and I must have been crazy thinking I could get 2 builds completed......I haven't even started on the Vosper yet........OHH well at lest I got the S-100 completed.

Yeah, I hear ya, Frank!

Two builds would not be out of the question, mate, but only if you had the luxury of unlimited modeling time, which most of us, unfortunately, do not...real life tends to cut into our hobby time, now doesn't it?!

Anyhow, you made it, congrat's, good job, and good luck!

Cheers,
~Gunny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 10:06 PM UTC
OK mates...it's T minus 18:00 hours until official times up!...to qualify for judging, you MUST have all of your photos uploaded to the proper "Finished" gallery...
Good Luck!
~Gunny
wildspear
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 02:43 PM UTC
Hey All,

I keep checking but I don't see any more pics. I want to see all of your builds but tomorrow is a work day and I have to hit the hay soon.....Theres not a whole lot of time to go.
RickHeinbaugh
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 73 posts
Model Shipwrights: 70 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 03:46 PM UTC
I've secured the sweat pumps. It's not going to happen. I'm still planning to have Tracer finished in the next few days, but midnight tonight was more than I could make.
Good luck to you all.
Rick
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 08:59 PM UTC
It's a done deal, mates...our first MSW "Ship of the Quarter" Competition has come to an end...thank you to all who have contributed to this contest, from prizes to entrants.

Good luck to those who have finished!
Cheers,
~Gunny
 _GOTOTOP