_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
U-2511 is almost alive!
madwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 258 posts
Model Shipwrights: 141 posts
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2007 - 06:24 PM UTC

Proof

However, you will need to wait a little more until I can figure out a better way to take pictures and also do a full write up on the whole build.
PeteV
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 172 posts
Model Shipwrights: 162 posts
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2007 - 06:43 PM UTC
Hi Madwolf,

Thats the problem with this hobby, not only do you need to be able to make the subject but you are then expected to be able to operate a camera, impossible (LOL)

On a more serious note your model is looking good and I for one look forward to seeing a write up and blow by blow account of how you went about building what looks like a first class model.

When you do the write up could I be so rude as to ask you to mention the reference material you used, ie for any modifications you made to flood vent holes , I for one would really find that interesting and helpful.

PeteV

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2007 - 09:51 PM UTC
Ahoy Ion,
I'll join in with me mate Villi here and say that I too can't wait to read about your trials and tribulations with this build, for sure...(and I know that you've had a few "nail-biters" along the way! ) Looking Great!
Cheers,
~Gunny
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Model Shipwrights: 502 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 12:36 AM UTC
Knowing Ion's great sense of formula, this SBS is certainly worth the wait
I really like the picture you took of your model, it shows a good sense of texture.
As for taking photographs, as it's an international website, that you won't run through every home in the world showing your model, i guess the pictures you will take of your model will be the model itself for most, so don't be a hurry, take a deep breath and try and try again until they look quite great

JB
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 05:27 AM UTC
Awesome work Ion!
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 06:22 AM UTC
Looks very good Ion
I'll second everyone request for a Feature SBS

Skipper
madwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 258 posts
Model Shipwrights: 141 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 09:47 AM UTC
Thanks for the compliments guys. Don't get your hopes up too much though this model was meant for learning some techniques only. Of course, I decided to make it a little better, which is why it missed DDD2 by oh a couple of days...or so

I didn't spend too much time on the write up since I have a lot of other work to do now, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask here. My next model is going to be a 1/48 MiG-29 UB, but after that I have a fully loaded Bismarck waiting. Oh boy! (after that another aircraft and then the extremely fully loaded 1/72 VIIC)

I've just sent the email to Mark. I would appreciate any criticism you can throw at me since I try to improve my skills and learn something new any chance I get.
 _GOTOTOP