_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
H-P Models 1/700 German Carrier
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 12:39 PM UTC
Ahoy mates!

News from across the pond. H-P Models has an interesting addition to their 1/700 line, the German Carrier De Grasse.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gator
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 03:40 PM UTC
Warning, rant ahead.

Let another example of "if it's German, lets make it." I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about the Kriegsmarine, and their plans, and I'd never heard of this planned conversion, yet a model is being planned of it? If they must make German items how about some of their light cruisers that haven't been done yet?

Ok, rant over.

MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 03:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Warning, rant ahead.

Let another example of "if it's German, lets make it." I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about the Kriegsmarine, and their plans, and I'd never heard of this planned conversion, yet a model is being planned of it? If they must make German items how about some of their light cruisers that haven't been done yet?

Ok, rant over.

Actually, between HP and Samek, I believe all the German Light Cruisers from WW2 (and some from WW1) are available in resin (same medium as this release).

HP has released other "never-builts", all German, I believe. Not surprising, since they are a German company.
 _GOTOTOP