_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
PBR Suggestions
bracomadar
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 410 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 03:00 PM UTC
I'm pretty much finished with a Tamiya 1/32nd scale PBR right now. I got pictures up in the diorama forum since I plan on making it into a diorama. I figured I'd ask the experts though, if there's anything else you see that could be done to it? This is my first ship model, so I'm not familiar with the terms and stuff that goes along with it. Here's the topic link, if you don't want to use Yahoo, just scroll down further, I have links to the pics on my site.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/10513&page=1

The main thing is about the muzzle brake things on the 50 cal. machine guns. Can they be cut off, or will it make the barrel look too short? I'm making it look like the one from Apocalypse Now, but still trying to keep historical accuracy too. Thanks
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 - 04:51 AM UTC
Looks pretty good, bracomadar! :-)

The spilled beer bottle was a nice touch.
You model is well constructed, has a nicely wethered appearance, and the figures look good.
The only thing I can think to suggest would be to maybe add more 'personal' touches to the boat. Maybe a crate of rations here and there, with a magazine on top... I'm not sure how the boats were used, so I dont know what exactly to put there.
bracomadar
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 410 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 07:41 PM UTC
Yeah, I was thinking on adding crates since I've seen a lot with them. I think they would have used wooden crates to hold the ammo for the turret on the front and they'd usually keep them right up there real handy. As for the spilled beer; glad you liked it. I figured I'd make it look spilled, but never thought It'd turn out as good as it did. I just used glue for it. I don't think you can tell on the side, but I also slathered the sides and some of the deck with glue to look like water had splashed up there. The way the light reflects off of it in the picture kind of looks like suds
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2003 - 02:28 PM UTC
For the muzzle brakes, couldnt you sand them down or something to make them flush with the rest of the barrel?

Don't really know, maybe that will work.

Chip
 _GOTOTOP