_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Want to be part of a group build? This is where to start, plan, and meet about them.
Question for No Guns Allowed participants
Harry_at_BFM
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 594 posts
Model Shipwrights: 556 posts
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2007 - 02:37 PM UTC
Hi All,

Would you like an "Official No Guns Allowed Campaign Thread" or do you want to do "Individual Blogs"?
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2007 - 02:55 PM UTC
I don't know Harry, that's a good question. I'll have photos tomorrow of the progress on my Ergenstrasse.

Gator
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,821 posts
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2007 - 03:52 PM UTC
I kind of think individual blogs, but I'm easy.
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,423 posts
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2007 - 04:08 PM UTC
hello Harry,
i like threads as i do not know anything about blogs.i also like the threads so i can read and reread the questions/answears and look at the WIP's to see the ships coming together.
just my 2 cents.
cheers,
Bruce
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 02:27 AM UTC
Hi Harry

As much as I like a build blog, where you can have the perfect view of the current build, I am still found of the "Official Campaign Thread" where you can see the rest of the group builts - of course one thing doesn't exclude the other!
Builders can have a much photo detailed blog and (for instance) place the latest progress shot in the Bigger thread - although reduntant, could be fun

:)
Skipper
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 03:16 AM UTC
I have no preference.
And it really doesn't matter to me, as I'll post in both the Campaign thread, and a build blog.
Flog and keel haul me if you like.
But it's easier in a blog if you are ever considering on doing a feature on your build. Notes all in one place.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 08:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As much as I like a build blog, where you can have the perfect view of the current build, I am still found of the "Official Campaign Thread" where you can see the rest of the group builts - of course one thing doesn't exclude the other!
Builders can have a much photo detailed blog and (for instance) place the latest progress shot in the Bigger thread - although reduntant, could be fun

Skipper

I like this idea....have your own personal BLOG of your entry, wher you can go into detail on the goods, bads, and uglies ( ), and then post update photo's in the "Official" thread (which I, like Skip, think that this helps us to keep the camaraderie in a campaign)...so with this said, there WILL be an "Official No Guns Allowed" thread, and all entrants are encouraged to use the BLOG feature as well! Let's give it a go....Aye?

_GOTOTOP