_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Looking for parts
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Model Shipwrights: 54 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 12:14 PM UTC
Hey all....well I have finally decided what to build for the Anchors Away campaign....I picked up a 1/700 Revell USS WASP.....looks to be a nice kit...however I was a little dissapointed with the lack of landing craft.....I mean it comes with 8 little tiny boats...but I was expecting at least a couple of LCACs, or other landing craft....maybe even a couple of Amtracs.

Needless to say for the campaign I am going to leave off the V-22s as they aren't even in service yet.

Anyone know where I might find a couple of LCACs or other landing craft that the WASP class would use?

My thoughts was an inprocess beach landing, LCACs coming to shore, with the choppers and Harriers coming in for support.....oh yeah...anyone know where I could get a couple of Cobras in that scale.....this is all probably asking for alot!!!

Any help is much appreciated!!
NimitzFan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 191 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 - 02:45 AM UTC
Two options. DML Makes an amphibious force set. It contains an LCAC, several helos, and a couple of M-60 tanks and LVTP's. Unfortunately, it is out of production and hard to find. The second option is to get a DML or Italeri Tarawa class and rob it of the parts. The helos in the Wasp are pretty bad anyway.
 _GOTOTOP