_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
Imperial Japanese Midget Submarine Props ?
PeteV
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 172 posts
Model Shipwrights: 162 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 07:23 AM UTC
Hi all,

I am close to completing a Fine Molds "A-Target Type A" Pearl harbor Midget Submarine and I have a question for those who have far more knowledge than me (Believe me there are a great number of those people out there) The instructions tell me that not only should the Sub be painted black but also the props, is this correct.

PeteV

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 07:47 AM UTC
Hello Villi!

I can tell you that from all of the resources that I have, as well as other models of the like, yes, black it is...Rui is the resident midget sub expert, mate, and you may want to drop him a pm or e-mail in case he misses this thread (but I doubt that he will! )

May I ask you for a portfolio of photos of the project for a MOD feature when you are finished?
PeteV
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 172 posts
Model Shipwrights: 162 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 08:20 AM UTC
Hello Gunny,

Just like Henry Ford they will be painted any colour I want as long as it is a shade of black.

I will certainly provide you with a portfolio of pictures when this one is finished along with photos of the Modern German navy 212 class A and the November Class Soviet Nuclear boat, the later two are just awaiting their bases which I should collect tomorrow.

PeteV
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 08:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Gunny,

Just like Henry Ford they will be painted any colour I want as long as it is a shade of black.

I will certainly provide you with a portfolio of pictures when this one is finished along with photos of the Modern German navy 212 class A and the November Class Soviet Nuclear boat, the later two are just awaiting their bases which I should collect tomorrow.

PeteV

Sounds great to me mate!
Looking forward (as always!) to seeing your work...
Cheers,
Mark
 _GOTOTOP