_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
NEWS
LIVE Torpedo Found in the Gulf
MARPAT
Visit this Community
Northern Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 206 posts
Model Shipwrights: 101 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 04:06 AM UTC
Yeah because of the outside pressure, I am sure it is definitely possible. I would think it would blow up, unless the device wasn't armed at all it would be a tin can. Thanks for the update.
Graywolfgang
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 303 posts
Model Shipwrights: 13 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 07:35 PM UTC
I was told about the Italian sub buy the Curator of the Louisiana State Museum in Kenner La. back in the early 80’s.. We wear talking about the German sub that is in South Pass.. The logbook was recovered and it tells about coming up the river and crewmen buying groceries in the New Orleans French Market.. The US and German Governments have classified it as a War Memorial .. You can’t get near it.. It is sealed.. One of the ships that was sunk is still leaking oil.. The sub would set on the bottom of the river and wait for their men to return at a certain time.. Buy then the Captain had picked out a target to follow down the river.. The only thing that we can figure out their had to be someone onboard that knew the river to run that river at night submerged.. It is bad enough to travel during the daytime.. My friend that sent me the pictures of the torpedo is an inspector for MMS in the Gulf on the Oil Rigs.. [ US Department of The Interior, Mineral Management Services ].. They fly over the one in South Pass all the time.. You can see it from the air.. There is a good book out their called [ Selling to The Enemy ].. It is about people in the US selling goods to the German Subs..

Wolf
Graywolfgang
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 303 posts
Model Shipwrights: 13 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 03:01 PM UTC
Update They detonated it jut before Christmas.. They attached a couple of explosive caps to it and blue it up..
MARPAT
Visit this Community
Northern Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 206 posts
Model Shipwrights: 101 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 - 01:53 PM UTC
What an end to an old piece of history.
 _GOTOTOP