_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
REVIEW
Lindberg's Re-issue PT-109
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 09:47 AM UTC
Ahoy Mates!

Here's a blast from the past, Lindberg Models has just re-issued their popular "John F. Kennedy''s PT-109", motorized version, and here's our "first-look" review of the kit!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gunny
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,244 posts
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 - 09:21 AM UTC
I think you went a little too easy on this kit. If you want a pool toy, or want to spend an exorbitant amount of effort to get a passable representation of a PT boat, than this the kit for you. However, if you want a more accurate model, then I would recommend that you seek elsewhere.
ironman1
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 2 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, September 03, 2010 - 01:54 PM UTC
hi Ive just started with my 109 kit however the kit is missing the instruction sheets, it only has the motorizing sheets, the kits number is 2660 can you help it would make the build quicker and easier.
JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,514 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2010 - 01:26 AM UTC
Gunny, thanks for a "blast from the past" review! First kit I started when I returned to the hobby was the Revell PT 109. I think we ALL build a PT 109 at some point! Glad to see Lindberg re-issuing some classics (like Revell has been doing). yes, not very accurate and very 'toy-like" but I think these releases are aimed at "us" to be built out of fond memories and a fun build.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2010 - 02:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hi Ive just started with my 109 kit however the kit is missing the instruction sheets, it only has the motorizing sheets, the kits number is 2660 can you help it would make the build quicker and easier.

Hi BJ,
If you PM me your e-mail address, I will scan the instruction sheet and send it off to you as a .pdf file, mate...

Cheers,
~Gunny
Removed by original poster on 09/05/10 - 19:22:56 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP