_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Related
Site related feedback, issues, or suggestions.
Weekend Wrap-up ~ January 14, 2008
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 01:47 AM UTC

Good Morning Shipwrights. It's Monday, January 14, 2008.
I hope that everyone had a good weekend.

Message From Our Publisher
Ahoy mates! Jim Starkweather (staff_Jim) is happy to announce that Mark R. Smith (Gunny) is now Managing Editor for Model Shipwrights. Click on over a read what Jim has to say and please leave a comment.
Message from our Publisher

Navy Tech – Doorman Frigates
Mark Smith (Gunny) brings us another installment of "MSW's Naval Technology Series", this time we focus on the Royal Netherlands Navy, and the Karel Doorman Class frigates.
Doorman Frigates

MSW Naval Trivia Contest
Bruce Miller’s (grayghost666) MSW Naval Trivia Contest is still going. Rules are simple, be the first to answer the question and you get to ask the next one. Please surf on over and join the fun!
MSW Naval Trivia Contest.

Aeroscale-"Pearl Harbor"
Joe McCaslin (fightnjoe) announces a cross genre campaign hosted at Aeroscale, Pearl Harbor, 2008. It’s a campaign that incorporates the satellite sites of KitMaker, giveing all of our members the chance build a model of something or somebody that was at Pearl Harbor, Dec. 7, 1941. For you shipwrights who aren’t sure what they may want to build, I’ve posted a comprehensive list of all the ships involved on that fateful day.
Pearl Harbor, 2008

MSW Sports
Ahoy mates! With the NFL playoff season started, I figured it was time to start up the sports news again. So, here we go.

NFC Divisional Games
At snowy Lambeau Field, Brett Farve and the Packers rolled over the Seattle Seahawks 42-20.

Eli Manning and the Giants pull off a major upset over the hometown Dallas Cowboys 21-17

AFC Wildcard Games
Jacksonville Jaguars came up short in their chance to bump off the undefeated New England Patriots, 31-20.

A banged up San Diego Charger team stun the Indianapolis Colts 28-24.

Crewmate Sound Off
Now is the time in which you can share your news and views. Give us the poop on you latest builds and future projects. Share with us your weekend adventures. We all what to know what you did this weekend. So, sound off mates!

That's all for now from the news desk. Remember, if you can't get to your bench and build, at least you can talk about it.

Gator
MartinJQuinn
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 574 posts
Model Shipwrights: 530 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 03:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

NFC Divisional Games
Eli Manning and the Giants pull off a major upset over the hometown Dallas Cowboys 21-17

Woo-hoo!! This was no upset, the G-Men totally outplayed "America's Team".

In modeling news, I finally finished my 1/350 Trumpeter Sullivans, which I built as Gatling.

goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 05:08 AM UTC
Let’s see. This weekend was pretty much helping my wife get around and waiting on her. She had she surgery back on Tuesday and everything looks good. I had to help her do pretty much everything. SO, that translated into not any time at the work bench, but I did get a review finished for Gunny. Also got a chance to watch a few of the old classic movies with her.

Don’t forget that the Cold War Tin Cans Campaign is coming up so make sure you have all your kits ready to start bright and early on Feb 1.

Didn’t that Green Bay game look like fun? That’s how football in January should be played, outside on the frozen tundra.

So far my basketball season has been split, the Bulls have fallen pretty far from their expectations. But the Tar Heels are still perfect!

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 05:11 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

Figures and some more work on the LCA, then more work on the figures lol, lol.

Cheers

Al
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,423 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 08:00 AM UTC
hello All,
the last 7 days have been quiet around here.i got a review done and sent to Mark,and still working on the lifeboat.If anyone buys the Airfix Severn Class Lifeboat,be very careful some of the parts are wrong and the instructions are wrong lots of scratch building.other then that at the work bench this week also.with snow coming almost all this week,it is time to stay inside.
hope all is well with everyone,
cheers,
Bruce
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,423 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 - 08:02 AM UTC
hello All,
the last 7 days have been quiet around here.i got a review done and sent to Mark,and still working on the lifeboat.If anyone buys the Airfix Severn Class Lifeboat,be very careful some of the parts are wrong and the instructions are wrong lots of scratch building.other then that at the work bench this week also.with snow coming almost all this week,it is time to stay inside.i also put out an idea on aeroscale for a Sea Plane campaign.
hope all is well with everyone,
cheers,
Bruce
 _GOTOTOP