_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
Trakz PACV
asobehart
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 89 posts
Model Shipwrights: 9 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 07:06 PM UTC
HAs anyone heard anything about this? VLS announced it on their site a while back and then nothing more. I contacted them (VLS) about it towards the end of last year and they said that it was still planned and that they were updating their production facilities and that it would be produced shortly there after. However, I can now find no reference to it on their site, the original post and my question/their answer gone.

I am very discouraged at this as this is a model I have long been interested in building. That being the case, short of the few articles that have appeared in verious publications of scratch built models are there any plans out there, blue prints, etc. that are available?

Thanks!
Gunny
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 11:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

HAs anyone heard anything about this? VLS announced it on their site a while back and then nothing more. I contacted them (VLS) about it towards the end of last year and they said that it was still planned and that they were updating their production facilities and that it would be produced shortly there after. However, I can now find no reference to it on their site, the original post and my question/their answer gone.

I am very discouraged at this as this is a model I have long been interested in building. That being the case, short of the few articles that have appeared in verious publications of scratch built models are there any plans out there, blue prints, etc. that are available?

Thanks!

Nothing to report at all from my end, mate, unfortunately...this item sparked alot of interest when first announced, but like you, have heard zip about it....for those who didn't catch it, here is the original master design from the artist who created it for VLS, HERE...

Andy, you might want to try to contact Dave Forier (Davef), as he has scratchbuilt a like model, and he may have plans, etc...check out the photo's Here!
asobehart
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 12:02 AM UTC
That is a shame. The respose they gave me was that they were not going to invest that much time and money into something and not proceed with it, and that was after the Squadron deal. And I have never saw that picture you posted the link for, just the couple they had on the VLS site. After seeing these and seeing how that they look like they are ready for casting I am even more shocked that it has gone no were. Oh, well! But I know that as soon as I start work it will come out, sometimes you have to pay the model gods in scratch build karma to kit something mass produced. No sooner did a put out $75.00 for PBR blue prints the Tamyia kit came out. Not that I am complaining, great kit, just I could have bought two of them for what i paid for the plans.

If anyone knows how I can contact Davef please let me know. From his pictures he seems to be a man after my own heart. Even if he does not have plans I would love to pick his brain. This has been a project that I have wanted to do for some time.

Thanks for the info Gunny, I really do appreciate it.
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Model Shipwrights: 20 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 12:30 AM UTC
I'm also very interested in it as a project, but have nowhere near the scratchbuilding chops to tackle it.
The master is there, Trakz owns it and the rights to produce it.

Someday it will show up.
Look at all the cool stuff we've gotten in the last 5 yrs..

But it is hard to be patient..

Mike
asobehart
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 01:02 PM UTC
I posted a message on the VLS Project Discussion Board where they had first announced it, still no reply from them. If anyone is interested in this being built please go over to the site and post as such:

http://www.modelmecca.com/cgi-bin/projectboard.pl

If nothing else maybe a few more posts showing interest will get some response from them.

Thanks!
 _GOTOTOP