Aldis Lamp Question
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 - 08:23 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

I know there was a woden box anf battery thingi that was used when the Aldis lamp was being used ashore. I don't suppose anyone would have a pic of this? I've one pic but it was taken quite far away so only shows the shape of the box.

Second question is when the hand held job was used on board what were they plugged into? My Signaller is getting ready to take station lol, lol.

Cheers

Al
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 - 10:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Guys,

I know there was a woden box anf battery thingi that was used when the Aldis lamp was being used ashore. I don't suppose anyone would have a pic of this? I've one pic but it was taken quite far away so only shows the shape of the box.

Second question is when the hand held job was used on board what were they plugged into? My Signaller is getting ready to take station lol, lol.

Cheers

Al

Ahoy, Al!

I've searched high and low through all of my available reference sources, and have found many images and schematics of the lamp itself, but none of the external battery (when using in portable mode) or when onboard a vessel in use...so basically, I'm no help here!

Being that the cord is the the main power source, I could fathom a guess that there would be a plug receptacle in the control panel of where the light was being used, though...sorry that I couldn't be of more help, we need to find an RN vet who personally used one to completely clarify this query!

Cheers,
Mark
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 02:51 AM UTC
Hi Mark,

Thanks for that. I had the same problem, I could find pics of the lamp but no close ups of the battery/box that went with it. I have a long view so I'll imporvise.

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP