_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Related
Site related feedback, issues, or suggestions.
photo's in predreadnought gallery
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,423 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 07:06 PM UTC
hello Mark,
i was just looking over the campaign page for predreadnougt's that i am running.in the gallery for predreadnought there is 25 photo's of completed models,posted 1/16/2008 by neil22 of tanks and armor dio's.i think that they should be posted some where else?
i am going to check all my campaign 's gallery's to see if other non campaign posts are there.
can you find out what happen?
cheers,
Bruce
EDIT:
cruisers of the 20th century has 9 photo's in the gallery,posted 1/4/08 by hederstiena.they are also armor models.the other campaigns are clean so far.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 09:23 PM UTC
Hi Bruce,
Thanks mate, I was aware of the strays in the pre-dred gallery (and have been un-successful in contacting the owner... ), but I'll check on the others now....it happens sometimes, users upload to the wrong gallery, and I always try to contact the owner before moving the images to their respective homes.
grayghost666
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 11:37 AM UTC
hello Mark,
thanks for do that.if you want I can check the departure galleries once a week,and let you know if any new strays pop up.with you running the site,it might take some of the weight off.
it is your call.
cheers,
Bruce
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 12:19 PM UTC
Hey, No problem, Bruce... I did a total "house cleaning" of all the campaign galleries...and sure thing, mate, I can always use a hand keeping watch!
grayghost666
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 08:40 PM UTC
hello Mark,
the photo's are still/came back to the Predread gallery,and also to the 20th century cruisers gallery.
just so you know.
cheers,
Bruce
EDIT: i sent Neil22 and Hederstiena an PM and ask them to please remove the photo's.i explained that the campaign's have not started yet and are for ships only.
you might want to look at the Cruisers campaign gallery,it has some photo's of the HMS Hood there.
i did not send a PM to the person who put them there.
Mark,if i have overstated the bountries of PM'ing them about the photo's,i will then just report it to you or another staff member.
cheers
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 09:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hello Mark,
the photo's are still/came back to the Predread gallery,and also to the 20th century cruisers gallery.
just so you know.
cheers,
Bruce
EDIT: i sent Neil22 and Hederstiena an PM and ask them to please remove the photo's.i explained that the campaign's have not started yet and are for ships only.
you might want to look at the Cruisers campaign gallery,it has some photo's of the HMS Hood there.
i did not send a PM to the person who put them there.
Mark,if i have overstated the bountries of PM'ing them about the photo's,i will then just report it to you or another staff member.
cheers

Hi Bruce,
Thanks, mate...you're doing the right thing, my friend, and no, you haven't over stepped your boundaries...some folks just don't seem to pay attention to where their photos are being uploaded to, and something as this happens...you're doing a fine job as my GP (Gallery Police) !
grayghost666
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 10:13 AM UTC
hello Mark,
found some photo's in the cruisers of the 20 th century,by a member call sign airraid,i sent him/her/it a message to please remove them.i will check back tomorrow to see if it was done.if not then i will let you lose on them.
cheers,
Bruce
GP class 1
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2008 - 11:57 AM UTC
Ok Bruce, let me know how you make out........
grayghost666
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 03:28 AM UTC
hello Mark,
the photo's on the Cruisers of the 20th century gallery is are gone.
thanks for any help.
cheers,
Bruce
grayghost666
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 10:00 AM UTC
hello Mark,
there are some stray photo in both the Predread and Gator navy.
3 from mistermagoo in Predread,3 from old-dragon in Gator Navy.i have sent both PM's.they have not moved them,i hate to get you involved but they are ignoring me.can you see if you can do anything about the photo's.i have explained to them that they are in a ship campaign gallery,and it has not started yet.i even signed it as the Campaign leader,hoping it would get them to remove the photo's.no such luck.
thanks for your help.
cheers,
Bruce
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 03:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hello Mark,
there are some stray photo in both the Predread and Gator navy.
3 from mistermagoo in Predread,3 from old-dragon in Gator Navy.i have sent both PM's.they have not moved them,i hate to get you involved but they are ignoring me.can you see if you can do anything about the photo's.i have explained to them that they are in a ship campaign gallery,and it has not started yet.i even signed it as the Campaign leader,hoping it would get them to remove the photo's.no such luck.
thanks for your help.
cheers,
Bruce

Thanks for the heads up, mate, I'll take care of it ASAP!
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Model Shipwrights: 409 posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2008 - 10:28 AM UTC
Hi guys ...I checked out this thread cause one time I had someone elses pics in my personal gallery....some girl on a bus ...some people holding a board with a bunch of medals on it ...that kind of stuff....mabe this is a systemic prob?
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 01:33 AM UTC
Need to check it again, have a space ship there now in the completed models section.
grayghost666
Posted: Friday, October 03, 2008 - 07:34 PM UTC
hello Mark,
here we go again,
in the WW1 Campaign folder there is posted 4 photo's in the gallery.all by a member call sign Arian.and he did not respond to my PM's to remove them.
also in the Gator Navy Gallery,in progress photo's section mightymoe and grunherz has posted photo's there.
can you remove them,please.if i could, i would have just deleted the photo's from the Galleries.
i have looked at some of the galleries of campaign's and it seems to me that some of the members here,when they run out of personal photo room,they put the photo's anywhere they want.and i think that it is getting out of hand.when the campaign leader sends them a PM about them placing the photo's in the wrong area and to remove them,they just ignore it.

again i am sorry that i have to get you to fix the problem,you have more important things to do with your time spent here at MSW.
thanks for all your help.
cheers,
Bruce
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 12:16 AM UTC
Thanks Bruce, I'll take it from here, mate...
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 12:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi guys ...I checked out this thread cause one time I had someone elses pics in my personal gallery....some girl on a bus ...some people holding a board with a bunch of medals on it ...that kind of stuff....mabe this is a systemic prob?

Actually Jim, it's a case of the members not paying attention to which gallery they are uploading to(or like Bruce has said, have run out of their own space, and are pirating others...grrrr)...I guess I'm going to have to make our galleries at MSW more user specific in the admin. details to help prevent being pirated...I may just lock the galleries until the specific campaign opens, but after that, I'll have to remove the additional measures or our members won't be able to use the gallery...
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 05:25 AM UTC
I see...kinda...(not too good with computer stuff yet)...I have another question regarding pics and the campaign.....I know that my picfile has room for 30 pics in it ...If I want my pics up on the campaign,does that mean I must use that 30 pic "filing cabinet" for the campaign? The reason I ask is that the way I currently understand it ,I will either : not be able to post pics in other forums to keep room for the predred campaign ,or B : have to delete off older pics to make room for newer pics....could u clarify ,my freind?...ps ...going to the lumberyard today to pick up my base for the campaign.....I know youre Borodino will look better than mine
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 09:34 AM UTC
Hi Jim,
Every seperate campaign here at MSW, has their own dedicated campaign gallery where the photos can be uploaded to...I create two albums, an "in progress" album, and a "finished photos" album...and some guys use them, some don't, but it sure makes it easy for everyone to stay on the same page throughout the campaign by hosting the specific campaign pics in the dedicated gallery...
Cheers!
~Gunny
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 11:52 AM UTC
thanks Mark
grayghost666
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 08:35 AM UTC
hello Mark,
the photo's are still in the Gator Navy folder.they were posted by mightmoe,who is the one that has been posted all over the campaign folders.
can you please remove them and lock the folder.i hate to have to ask you to lock folders,but the illegal poaching of space in the campaign folders are getting out of hand,by a few members.and they ignore when you ask them to remove the photo's.i have sent a number of PM's to mightmoe to remove the photo's and have never got a reply back and the photo's are still there.
i am sorry if i sound angry,but i am getting tired of it.
cheers,
Bruce
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 09:45 AM UTC
Ok, here's the deal...this is the LAST time that I'm going to do this...and you know who you are, because I've emptied YOUR same images three times from the same gallery...you have been warned, and this particular gallery has now been locked...if your images show up in any more of our galleries, you're going to force me to take a drastic correctional measure, which will be banning your account. I have asked you in pm's, and e-mails, and so have others...enough is enough, get yourself a photo-bucket account, dude!
grayghost666
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2008 - 04:49 PM UTC
hello Mark,
i sent a PM to Vax333 to remove a photo he put in the Hollywood at Sea Gallery.he is a new member and probably just put it in the wrong place.
i will let you know if it he does not remove the photo.
cheers,
Bruce
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 11:58 AM UTC
Still being new to the ins-and-outs of the KitMaker Network, I explored the Campaigns photo section and failed to find a sub-category for the current Pearl Harbor campaign.

Where do pics for that campaign get published?

--Karl
grayghost666
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 01:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Still being new to the ins-and-outs of the KitMaker Network, I explored the Campaigns photo section and failed to find a sub-category for the current Pearl Harbor campaign.

Where do pics for that campaign get published?

--Karl

hello Karl,
there does not seem to be a gallery for the Pearl Harbor Campaign.it seems that they post thier WIP's and finished photo's on the thread over at Aeroscale.that is where,i think,that you should post your photo's.you can also PM the campaign leader and ask him if he is going to set up a gallery.
hope this helps,
cheers,
Bruce
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 05:15 AM UTC
Hi Bruce!

Okay, I'll post a completed pic or two over at Aeroscale when "Steer 230" is completed, but I'll put more up over on this side of the fence.

Having a dedicated gallery for each campaign is probably a sound idea to better showcase the participant's efforts.

--Karl
 _GOTOTOP